- Monday – Completed my postponed long run today. I started later than I should have. I drove to run on the Zim Smith Bike Path because I love to have a post run treat at Leah’s Cakery. Well, it is closed on Mondays. 😦 So it was hot, I was tired from the weekend and the run was pretty awful.
But I got it done and found a great place to eat afterwards only 3.5 miles away.
I went to a STEM (training domestic violence survivors for a 5k) training/meeting in the evening at FleetFeet and I am excited that my volunteering starts Sept 12.
- Tuesday – Decided to rest and skip my AM tennis. Got my nails done, played tennis in the evening and then went out to dinner (to celebrate the end of our summer Tuesday tennis).
- Wednesday -The tennis round robin got cancelled so I went to the gym.
Ran with Alyssa in the evening. She had to get home so we had to rush. It meant that we were done before the rain (But boy was it humid!!)
- Thursday – I played tennis in the am. Met Barbara for a run at UAlbany. Another friend was supposed to come along but we confused the times. It was a decent run since the temps have cooled down.
Afterwards I met my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Friday – I went to the gym in the am and then mah jongg in the evening. Enjoyed my last day of leisure!!
- Saturday – My second long run this week and I really didn’t want to do it. So I took a new route … The unpaved part of the rail trail. It was a nice route and I can’t wait until they pave it.
Then my friend and I decided to go up to the Saratoga track for a few races (It closes this weekend) and then go to the casino.
- Sunday – I got up very early to head up to the lake. It’s the annual Christmas party and the bay gets crowded early. Lots of boats, food, entertainment and FUN!! The weather was absolutely perfect.
The day ended with dinner out and fireworks over the lake.
30 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – 5K race
- Tuesday – NYC!!
- Wednesday – First day of my new job, 4 mile run with a friend
- Thursday – Work, 3 mile run with a friend, hubby’s tennis party?
- Friday – Work, rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5K race + 5-7 more miles
- Sunday – boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?
What are you planning on doing in NYC this week ?
Just coming in to meet a friend passing trough on her way back to Russia. Not sure what we’ll do.
Wow! 30 miles plus all the other busy stuff. You’re a beast 😉
It’s a rarity to have 2 long runs in one week. It’ll be back to normal.
I also plan more miles after my 5k sat. Assuming I actually get back . . . have a good first day at work (not that they’re ever exciting) & enjoy NYC. Jealous! Still!
All the hiking and extra fitness is nice! You are looking super fit 🙂
Two long runs in a week – awesome 🙂 You had a big mileage week. A new running path is something to look forward to!
I start work tomorrow so all that extra tennis and hiking will be over 😦
What a great week for you, bad run or not. The humidity is back again here too…
Congrats on the new job!
Bummer about the bakery being closed but I’m glad you found some delicious apple pie. You’ve had a wonderful summer with all of your different activities and groups of friends. I hope the new job is going well this week. Good luck at the 5k tomorrow. Thanks for linking, Darlene!
The 5k went well. The post race miles. Not so much. The job will take a lot of getting used to.
Great job on finding the place with the apple pie. I’d be mad if I didn’t know ahead of time about the regular shop closing on Mondays. Two long runs for you this week too! 💪
Now I know. I went there after my run today.
LikeLiked by 1 person