- Monday – The plan was to be on the boat Sunday night so I could run in the am and then do 2 more hikes. But the rain interfered. Instead I stayed home and had a pretty productive day. I squeezed in a sweaty run between the raindrops followed by a trip to the gym.
I also made a trip to Clothes Mentor (a consignment shop) and made some $$ from some unwanted clothes, shoes & bags. I actually cooked dinner for the hubby (chicken parm w/pasta) and then walked the mall with my BFF.
- Tuesday – I went to a workshop on Gaming at a local middle school and then played tennis – no running today.
- Wednesday – Day 2 of the workshop. A lot of sitting, a lot of eating. (Made this with Voki.)Luckily in the evening, I ran with Alyssa. It was warm but not as hot as last week. Alyssa is patient with my need to walk. When I walk, she runs slow and I catch up. Unfortunately I had to quit before she finished her 7 miles due to back pain. (It’s always something.)
- Thursday -Another trip to NYC. My friend drove us so we didn’t need to deal with train schedules. We took the bus to Bryant Park where we watched the casts from Avenue Q, Holiday Inn, American in Paris & Beautiful perform. We had lunch in a restaurant overlooking the park and then walked (40 blocks) to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the Fashion Institute. (This year’s theme was Manus x Machina).
We ended the day with dessert and tea at the Neue Gallerie before driving back home – a LONG but enjoyable day. I ❤ NYC!!
- Friday – Played tennis in the AM. The weather was perfect. The rest of the day was pretty unproductive.
- Saturday – Ran a 8.4 mile race called Race The Train and raced the train is which is what we did. I didn’t beat it but had a fun time running up and down all the hills. No lie. It was a tough one.
Afterwards I did my last two hikes of the Chester Challenge.
Spent the rest of the day at the marina – at the beach and on our friend’s boat.
- Sunday – Since I had time to kill while waiting for my hubby to arrive at the marina, I decided to go for a hike. This was my favorite so far.
17 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days.
- Monday – breakfast and day at the race track
- Tuesday – 3 mile run, PM tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run with a friend
- Thursday – 3 mile run, pool/tennis party
- Friday – AM tennis, rest, marina party or tennis party
- Saturday – 10K race + 3 miles, knitting weekend at the Schroon River House
- Sunday – knitting, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?