This week’s topic is Race Mishaps
The more races you run, the more likely there will be mishaps.
That means I’ve had quire a few.
If you read my blog regularly, you’ve probably heard all about these:
- There was the time that I thought it would be 60 degrees and sunny (like the day before the race) and it turned out to be 30 degrees and sleeting. Yes, I nearly froze to death.
- There was the time that we had a power failure so my alarm clock didn’t go off and I got up late. I drove 90 mile like a crazy lady and the race started late due to a traffic jam.
- There was the time that I postponed going to a doctor about a sore foot because I was visiting my best friend from high school/college and running a race. It turned out that I had a stress fracture in my foot.
- Of course, there was the time that I broke my foot at the mile 1 water stop but finished the race anyway.
- And then there was the time when I waited 3 hours to run the 2nd half of a marathon relay and it got cancelled due to the heat when I was only at mile 4.
- There was the one mile race where I thought it started in the same place as the 5k. It didn’t. So I had to sprint a mile to start and got there after it started (and still got an age group award.)
Happy Running! What was your worst race mishap?