My WFH stint was supposed to end on April 29. Now it has been extended until at least May 15.
Otherwise things are the same. All social activities still cancelled. Missing my friends!! But keeping in touch via ZOOM.
Trying to get outdoors often so I do not go stir crazy in my Office (aka a room in my house). Always looking for new and interesting places to run or walk and practice social distancing.
The NYC Mini 10k on June 13,2020 was cancelled – another race that I was REALLY looking forward to!!!
I’ve always had to work and could not participate. This year the hike was on a Sunday and I signed up with the hubby. 😦
But the good news:
Congrats to Kim and Debbie!!
Thanks to all those who entered. It’s not too late. You can still register until May 5 at https://freihofersrun.com/virtual-5k/. Use the code AMBSS5 and for $20 you will get:
- 42nd annual virtual Freihofer’s Run for Women t-shirt & bib
- A finisher’s certificate that can be printed out at home
- Commemorative finishers’ medal
- Coupons for Freihofer’s products
- Automatic entry into Virtual 5k Sweepstakes with great prizes!
The t-shirts, medals and coupons will be mailed to participants the first week in June.
Last Week –
- Monday – Happy to see the sun shining even if it was only a rest day.
- Tuesday – A nasty windy rainy day!! I skipped my lunch walk and crossed my fingers that the rain (and wind) would stop at some point so I could go for a short run.
Yeah, well the rain did stop. So I drove to the Crossings for a quick run. (I wanted to go to Trader Joes which is why I picked this run location and in the evening now I’ve got plenty of time.)
- Wednesday – Earth Day!! I woke up to SNOW!! It did melt but again it was windy!! I took my usual lunch time walk… Had to find a location to be protected from the CRAZY wind.
and then after work I drove to Washington Park to complete my Earth Day Virtual 5k. The wind was so strong and cold that I threw in the towel.
I stopped on the way home to check out a new trail.
- Thursday – Still cold but at least it was sunny. Rain was in the forecast so I was glad to fit in my lunch walk and planned to try for the 3rd time to run a 5k.
I decided for once to RUN on the trail behind my house. However, I forgot how hilly it was. Still the temps warmed up, the wind died down and I got back in time to cook dinner and ZOOM chat with my running friends. (We did two sessions we were having so much fun.)
- Friday – A rainy rest day. I tried to squeeze my lunch walk in between the raindrops.
- Saturday – I started the day with my favorite yoga teacher’s class – Yoga for Runners – Glute & Piriformis Activation and Healing. Great class. Next month is hips!
After class, I headed out for my long run. Again, later than I would have liked. I had planned to run from 9-11 miles but after last weekend, I just wanted to have a decent run.
Where to go? I decided on Peebles Island. Although I knew that it would be crowded in the park, I knew the path to Green Island would be pretty empty and then the Erie Canal path in Waterford would have no one on it.
And I was right. There were some walkers but they were courteous and wearing masks. I continued father into Green Island (which was new to me) and then returned to my car for a water stop. Then I proceeded to the canal path which was deserted (and soft on the feet).
After some laundry and gardening, I realized that since it would be raining the next TWO days, I should continue my quest to visit the local preserves and walk the trails. They are perfect for social distancing since no one is usually at them.
- Sunday – A ugly raining day. Lots of de-cluttering to done! But first a visit to TWO more preserves:
Just a few raindrops and no one else there. I think I am enjoying these walks more than my runs.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – run (un-canceled 10k)
- Thursday – run, ZOOM running group chat
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday – LONG RUN (12?)
- Sunday – rest day, walk, ZOOM tennis book club
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Are you having hard time finding safe places to run? Are you running in new places or are in a running route rut? Have you run any virtual races? Please share.