Wendy from Taking the Long Way Home suggested that we post FIVE odd things that we have seen on our run.
- Recently on my run to Brant Lake, NY, I noticed this decorated outhouse. I am not sure it was usable but it was pretty.
2. A few years back during a very slow run in Flagler Beach, Florida, I came across this turtle. Not so much odd but very appropriate considering how things were going that day
3. After one race in Delmar, NY, I continued my run with two friends on the nearby rail trail and we noticed people stopped and pointing. There were two eagles flying over head. Again not odd but so beautiful to watch.
4. I recently ran on the trail in Peebles State Park. Afterward, I ventured to Waterford, NY and discovered a new trail. There were so many geese on the path and they were not interested in moving out of my way. Not odd but very annoying.
5. I seem to have many animal sightings on the rail trail. I have seen a pack of foxes and many times it is a large doe. They are so used to humans that they don’t run away. They just stand there and stare. It’s a little unnerving.
One of my oddest sightings I do not have a picture of.
When I am up at our marina on Lake George, I love to run on the nature trail at the Sagamore Hotel.
On one side is the lake and the other, you are below some apartments. During one run a few years ago, I was running on the trail and I heard a women screaming. So I looked up and she was hanging over the balcony naked with a naked guy behind her…Well, you can guess what he was doing…. I was so embarrassed that I’ve never run so fast.
Can you beat that for an odd or X-rated sighting??
I’m also linking up with three DC area bloggers Mar at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC . Anyone can join with their own Friday Five post (yes, it must be a Friday Five!!) They encourage you to visit other blogs on the linkup, comment, share and engage!
Happy Running! What odd things have you seen during your runs?