- Monday – I stayed up at Bolton Landing (on Lake George) today. Started the day with a slow scenic 4 mile run.
I had planned to do some hiking but it started to rain so I headed to the outlets. Believe it or not, I didn’t buy a thing.
- Tuesday – Did some errands in the morning including an eye dr appt.
An impending storm cancelled tennis so I went for a walk and then to the gym.
- Wednesday – Started the day with a run…solo. Decided on a road trip to Peebles Island and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Thursday – Morning tennis and then later ran with my new running friend. The run was followed by a mall walk with my BFF.
- Friday – Again I played tennis in the am (with a different group). In the evening, I played maj jongg (which I hadn’t done in weeks) while watching the Olympic Trails on TV.
- Saturday – Planned on a long run and then a ride up to the lake but the hubby decided to stay home and I procrastinated until afternoon to run.
I ran my fastest mile ever (7:xx) to get to the bakery before it closed.
- Sunday – This should have been a lake day because the weather was perfect but it wasn’t. Instead I took a SUP lesson in the am with Judy. It was actually fun. I am as clumsy as I thought. I fell twice but the good news is that I stayed up over an hour and want to try it again.
In the afternoon, I went for a butterfly walk at the Albany Pinebush Preserve. It was about 1 mile and we learned about the insects, birds and plants in this preserve. I hope to go back and run on some of the trails. (There are 11.) I did see a lot of butterflies and I was amazed at how small they were.
18.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday –3 mile run, boating, fireworks on the lake
- Tuesday – 4 mile run, tennis PM
- Wednesday – AM tennis, 4 mile ice cream run
- Thursday – rest, tennis AM, dinner out with an old co-worker
- Friday – AM tennis, 7 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest, boating
- Sunday – 5k race, birthday party (mini golf)
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races? How are you celebrating July 4th?