Since it’s Friday, I’m linking up with three DC area bloggers Mar at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC . Anyone can join with their own Friday Five post (yes, it must be a Friday Five!!) They encourage you to visit other blogs on the linkup, comment, share and engage!
My Friday Five topic is Five Reasons to Run the Freihofer’s Run Fort Women(Again)
Why am I running this race for the 9th time?
- It’s an all women’s race.
Young and old. Fast and Slow. 4,000 women with one thing in common – running.
2. It attracts elite runners.
Very cool to see the really FAST and famous runners like Joan Samuelson and this year, Sara Hall.
3. I trained with a group for the race.
This is my 2nd year training with this group of women. It’s the culmination of 10 weeks of hard work.
4. I run into so many people that I know.I am always surprised at how many women I know there. It’s a reunion of sorts.
5. It has become a tradition.
There are other races on the same day but I feel like I have to do it and I want to.Happy Running! Do you have a race that you run EVERY year?