Thanks to 26.2 x 2 who nominated me for my second Liebster Award.
If you are not familiar with this award, here’s how it works:
The Liebster Award is an online award given by bloggers to bloggers who generally have a following of 200 readers or less. The rules are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
First, my answers to Lis & Steph’s questions:
1. What is your preferred sport, and why do you love it so much?
It used to be tennis but that was before I discovered running. I love the energy that running gives me. I love the feeling of accomplishment after I finish a run or a race. I love that I can do it alone or with others, in different places and at almost any time of day. I love that it makes me feel YOUNGER!
2. Tell me about your worst running/fitness related injury.
If you are a faithful reader of my blog, you have heard about this many many times. My worst injury was slipping on the ice during a long solo run and breaking several bones in my ankle, which then required surgery. Besides being painful, there was a lot of doubt about whether or not I would be able to run again. But I have…along with 8 screws and a plate, I have since completed many races including 2 half marathons.
3. What type of running/workout shoes do you wear? Would you ever try something else?
I currently wear Brooks Adrenalines. I have worn almost every brand and am still searching for the perfect shoe. So yes, I would try something else.
4. How long have you been pursuing a healthy lifestyle for?
I would say for about 15 years. I was not health conscious or even thought about anything related to a sport until my mid 40’s. Then I started playing tennis and my life was tennis. I started running 6 years ago. I still play tennis once a week but now running is my focus and along with it, I am trying to eat healthy. (That’s a work in progress.)
5. Currently, what are your short term goals vs long term goals?
That’s a tough one. In the short term, just run several times a week and stay healthy. In the long term, improve my 5K speed to where it was before my ankle injury, improve my half marathon time and work on upper strength and flexibility more.
6. Favorite running/workout gear (not including sneakers)?
It would have to be my Garmin. I love keeping track of my pace, split times and of course, for distance.
7. Finish this sentence: when I’m not running/working out, I’m…
thinking about when I will be running, racing or blogging about running/pacing. Sad, but true.
8. What was the last great book you read?
Eleven Minutes by Paolo Coelho (the author of The Alchemist). A friend lent it to me and I loved it.
9. What’s your favorite healthy food/meal?
I love oatmeal. I buy organic oats and add flax seed, brown sugar, raisins, etc.
10. And your favorite non-healthy food?
Blogs I am Nominating for a Liebster Award:
- Rachel @ Darlin’ Rae
- Debi @ 14 in 2014
- Amy @ The Point One Will Getcha
- Pam @ We Run Disney
- Laurie @ 111LaLa Lane
- Jen @ Jen is Green
- Shawna @ Run This Apple
- Michael @ Slowly Tri-ing
- Jona @ Zeelemons
- Andrea @ Age Groups Rock
Questions My Nominees Need to Answer:
- What is your dream job?
- Vacation at the beach or city?
What is your favorite food?
Red or white wine?
What is one thing you have accomplished on your bucket list?
Morning person or night owl?
If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?
Favorite holiday and why?
Favorite TV show?
How do you relax?
Happy Running! Happy Blogging!