Chanukah or Christmas….Hope it was a good one!!
And on Monday, I reached my yearly mileage goal. Woo Hoo!
Not everyone cares but to me, it’s important because it means that I had a healthy year (zero injuries). It also means that I didn’t use excuses (like too hot, too cold, too busy, too tired, etc.) to skip runs.
- Sunday – Work has been crazy busy so although I did run 6 miles on Saturday, I felt the need to add in another short run today.
My plan was to run early and then join my running friends for brunch (postponed from Saturday). Yes, we brunch even if we don’t run. LOL.
Well, I procrastinated and so I had to run AFTER brunch.
- Monday – #Nevermissamonday…. I had plans after work so I squeezed in a run at lunch.
And guess what?
Then I took my BFF out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.
- Tuesday – Rest day! No time to run during the work day and had errands to run after work.
- Wednesday – Back at it for a lunch run in the neighborhood.
- Thursday -Definitely difficult with work and the weather to get my run in… So I had to skip it.
In the evening I attended our annual tennis holiday party… Food, drink, music, gifts… always a fun evening.
- Friday – This is my usual rest day since I don’t like to run before a long run day… but with crazy weather predicted (rain, wind, freezing temps) I decided to squeeze in a run before work.
But as predicted, the wind got insane as the day progressed and the temps dropped. I made the right decision.
Even mah jongg got cancelled. But I did get together with a friend for a holiday drink (it was COLD and WINDY but the roads were ok.)
- Saturday – Long Run Day.
Again a challenge to choose a location where there was no ice or snow. And with the wind and cold temps (neg degrees with the wind chill), I had no takers on a run companion.
I went solo and then joined them for brunch. Unfortunately I procrastinated too long and only had time for a short one… Long run is postponed until Monday!
- Sunday – Normally we’d be celebrating with the family but my stepson went to his in-laws and my MIL was not feeling well so the celebration got postponed until New Year’s Day.
I am planning another short run and then the hubby and I want to go out for Chinese.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF, Long Run
- Tuesday – rest day, dinner with stepson
- Wednesday – run after work
- Thursday – run during lunch
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – Long Run (7 miles)
- Sunday – Winter Series #2 race (5.5K)
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – 2022 in Photos
- Friday – Runfessions
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned for the end of the year? Getting ready for the holidays? Any parties planned or attended? Do you have a yearly mileage goal? If so, how are you doing? Please share.
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.