Big races on both Sundays!
Unfortunately the hottest day of the year so far was last Sunday and then it felt like Fall in the mornings?? By today, the warmer temps (and humidity returned.)
- Sunday – Race Day! Steel Rail Half Marathon!!
Well, I didn’t die…
Hottest temps I’ve ever raced in. With a 9:30 AM start, little shade, not enough water stops, it was tough. But I just walked often and at least the course was beautiful
- Monday – A perfect morning for running. The thunderstorms from the previous day cooled things off.
I actually did not feel sore at all (with that finish time I shouldn’t have. lol) so I went to the gym.
It was also my FTC night. I needed to go to TJ’s anyway so I went. I felt fine and took it easy. I am not really training for that race. And I had a 10 miler coming up.
- Tuesday – Rest Day! Though I went to the gym again this morning though it was another perfect day for running…
and then I met a friend for a walk after work.
If you are a Downton Abbey fan, you’ll understand how excited I was. Yes I went to see the new movie tonight!! It was great!
- Wednesday – After a late night, I skipped the gym this morning.
I had time at lunch to run so I did.
and then the STEM group run after work was schedule. I’m glad I had decided to run and lunch and walk with STEM since due to a COVID outbreak, it was cancelled.
- Thursday – Yup, it’s become a thing… starting the day at the gym.
When I came home, our power was out!!!
That meant I had to drive to the office to work.
I had planned to squeeze in a run at lunch. But there was not enough time since I was not working at home (can’t be dressed in running clothes lol)
The day ended on a good note. I went out to dinner with friends as a belated b-day celebration.
We ate so much that we felt that we needed after dinner walk so we headed to the rail trail.
Power finally returned around 9 pm!!!
- Friday – Rest Day. Power back on so I could work from home.
Instead of the gym but since rain was forecast for later, I went for a run.
After work, before mah jongg, I picked my bib for Sunday’s race.
- Saturday – A rainy morning so I headed to the gym.
Then the rain stopped so I met my running friends on the rail trail. They ran, I walked and we went out to brunch after.
and we beat the heavy rain!!
- Sunday – Race Day! Miles on the Mohawk 10 Miler.
And the temps were cooler than last Sunday but still warm and very humid.. It’s a popular local race and I’m sure I will have fun. Looking forward to seeing my friends and food/beer afterwards.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – HOLIDAY – gym, boating?
- Tuesday – RUN before work
- Wednesday – gym, STEM run, volunteer dinner
- Thursday – ARE trail run
- Friday – gym, rest day, volunteer at packet pick-up, mah jongg
- Saturday – Race Day – Freihofer Run for Women
- Sunday – rest day, boating?
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Steel Rail Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Are you enjoying summer temps yet? Have you seen the Downton Abbey movie? Please share.