After last Sunday’s 5k,
I guess I needed a challenge before I take off on my annual Florida (birthday) tennis vacation.
- Sunday – Race Day! Sasha’s Super Hero 5k – a new race for me and one that raises money for Ukraine.
The weather was perfect, over $30,000 was raised. It wasn’t an easy course but I did win my age group.
After the race, I did a little yard work and then went for a couples of hikes/walks.
First to Pine Hollow Arboretum…
The Annual Albany Tulip Festival was to be held the following weekend so I decided to check on the progress of the tulips in Washington Park…
- Monday – Gym first thing today. Woke to a dreary rainy day…glad I spent the weekend outdoors.
and then FTC group run was scheduled after work. No one hates running in the rain more than me but I was already dressed…
and the rain stopped and didn’t start again until we were done!! Woo Hoo!
- Tuesday – Another gym day… just because!
Since I ran two days in a row, I called it a “rest day” and just went for a walk after work with friends.
- Wednesday – I am front loading my gym mornings because I know I will not be going next week at all.
Another dreary rainy day but luckily the rain stopped so the STEM group run did take place and it didn’t start raining until we were done!!
- Thursday – More before work gym time!!
Sunshine rather than rain also allowed me to squeeze in a lunch neighborhood run. I haven’t done that in a while.
Then I was free to meet a friend for an after work walk. I suggested meeting her where she works and walking to Washington Park. And she agreed.
I would have like to do more walking in the park but I had to rush home to meet another friend for dinner and drinks.
- Friday – Yes… FIVE days in a row at the gym before work.
It was a cloudy day but at least no threat of rain. Many of my friends were away so mah jongg got cancelled. Too busy at lunch to get in a walk so I was able to do a short hike before dinner.
- Saturday – Race Day! Prospect Mountain Road Race! I carpooled with my friend Jenny up to Lake George (about 1 hr drive) to the start of the race. Running up a mountain is hard!! But it’s also fun to be able to do hard things.
It was not a big race so all three of us won age group awards. The swag included a shirt and coupon for a free ice cream cone. Jenny and I decided to run/walk down the mountain too.
- Sunday – Mother’s Day!
As I mentioned previously, the Y is now open on weekends (not at 5:30 am but 8 am). So I started my day that way.
Then I decided to take one last peak at the tulips in the park before the crowds arrived for the festival.
Later we plan to visit my MIL’s.
I also need to pack!!
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – rest day, flight to Florida and MY BIRTHDAY!!
- Tuesday – Saturday – run, tennis, beach, walk, dinner out, REPEAT!
- Sunday – Tropicool 5k
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Prospect Mountain Road Race Recap
- Friday – What I Talk About When I Talk About Running Quotes
Next Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, flight home
- Tuesday – gym, run
- Wednesday – gym, walk w/STEM group
- Thursday – Workforce Challenge Race
- Friday – gym, rest day, dinner out with family to celebrate my B-day.
- Saturday – gym, walk with running friends, boating? hubby’s B-day
- Sunday – Steel Rail Half Marathon
Next Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Racing By the Alphabet (Non-Half Marathon Version)
- Friday – Tips for Running During Vacation
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Did you experience summer-like weather this week? How did you celebrate Mothers’ Day? Please share.