I managed to avoid the rain and get all my runs in.
This getaway weekend almost did not happen due to work travel.
But happily, the work trip got postponed and I spent the weekend in NYC.
I ran a race, and I got to see my NYC besties and the Cherry Blossoms at peak!!
- Sunday – I would have liked to go to the gym, but it is CLOSED on Sundays… Boo!
Instead, I went hiking (after tracking my friends running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler),
stopped at Target on my way home and then caught up on Bridgerton…
- Monday – To make up for Sunday, I started the day at the gym
and then I went to my usually scheduled FTC run after work.
- Tuesday – With rain in the forecast for almost everyday this week, I decided to go for a run after work. After doing some errands, I drove to the opposite end of the rail (from last week.
- Wednesday – A rainy day so I was glad to call it a sorta rest day.
I did go to the gym before work.
Today was my first volunteer session with STEM. The group meets 3x a week at UAlbany at 6:30 pm and uses the Couch to 5k app to prepare these new runners (12 from the Addiction Care Center of Albany) for a 5k (scheduled for June 5.)
- Thursday – Another rainy day so I decided on rest day (because yesterday was not exactly as restful as I had planned). But I slept in instead of going to the gym before work and then I had an errand to run during lunch.
But I did go for a walk in the mall after work.
- Friday – No rest for the weary. I got up early and went to the gym
Rain on and off all day but I managed to get my run done during lunch.
Then I packed and played mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – I took an early morning train to NYC, checked into my hotel and had my usual NYC lunch:
Then I walked to NYRR to get my race bib
and spent the rest of the day exploring my favorite city…
(check out IG for more photos)
I got rained on at the beginning and end of my day but the the cherry blossoms at peak made up for the weather!!
I picked up some pizza and spent the evening getting ready for the big day:
- Sunday – This morning I ran the Shape 5.8M Loop race in Central Park. A great all women’s race (about 3000 runners ran the hall and 3200 the new shorter distance)
It was chilly (even rainy) before the race (and after) but the weather during was perfect and I was so happy to only run ONE loop of the park.
Cari met me at the race and after we had brunch and Elizabeth, then wandered around before I had to head back to my hotel to check out..
(check out IG for more photos)
Afterward, I did more exploring – Macy’s Flower Show and Bryant Park before taking the train home. (Came home to a grumpy hubby,- our sum pump had broken and flooded the basement… glad I was away lol).
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – gym, Freihofer Training Challenge Run (FTC), Athleta event
- Tuesday – gym, rest day
- Wednesday – run, STEM volunteering
- Thursday – run
- Friday – gym, rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Helderberg to Hudson Half Marathon
- Sunday – rest day, hiking, Easter dinner
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – St? Who me?
- Friday – Shape 5.8 Mile Race Recap
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Has your weather warmed up? Please share.