Yes. Just Running.
That means that I had no race this past weekend.
(Spoiler Alert: I will most likely racing on 4/10, 4/16, 4/24, 5/1, 5/7, 5/14, 5/19, 5/22, 5/29, 6/4, 6/5, 6/11, 6/25, 6/26, 7/4, 7/15 … Pretty crazy, right?)
- Sunday – A 5 mile St Patrick’s Day themed race followed by extra miles.
The race was fun though I was crazy slow due the wind and being tired.
The miles after the race were torture.. It was even windier and I was even more tired.
But 11 miles got done and that’s all that matters with a half marathon in 3 weeks!!
- Monday – I started the day at the gym..
After work, I had to skip the FTC run in favor of a night out. But it was worth it!
Then lots of laughs… (tix from cancelled 12/31/21 show)
- Tuesday – Winter has returned along with March winds. I was planning on a lunch run. But the winds were howling and the feels like temp was still in the teens so I waited and drove to UAlbany after work to run.
Afterward, I met my BFF for a long walk in the mall.
- Wednesday – Believe it or not, I again dragged myself to the gym before work.
Then I went to the FTC run after work. It wasn’t my normal group (but actually closer to my home) but I had my missed my group run on Monday evening. I really didn’t feel like waiting until 6 pm to run but it is so much more fun running with others. I am glad that I waited.
- Thursday – With rain in the forecast and an appt after work, I squeezed in my run before work. And it was actually a nice day to run… if only I had more time (and energy).
- Friday – Morning 3 at the gym. And finally a rest day (after three days in a row of running.)
Instead of mah jongg, after work, I went out to dinner to celebrate two friends’ job promotions. Too much food and drink but we had a great time.
- Saturday – Saturday Long Run returned!! 12 miles was on the plan. Glad to have company on the Zim Smith bike path followed by a lovely brunch at Leah’s.
Then I got my second booster shot!! Very happy to have this option (even if I get a reaction, I want to protect my loved ones.) Feel ok so far…
- Sunday – I would have liked to go to the gym, but it is CLOSED on Sundays… Boo!
Instead, my plan was to go hiking (after tracking my friends running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler)
and then catch up on Bridgerton…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – gym, Freihofer Training Challenge Run (FTC)
- Tuesday – gym, rest day
- Wednesday – run, volunteering with STEM
- Thursday – run
- Friday – gym, rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day – train to NYC
- Sunday – Shape 5.8m Race (in NYC)
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Embracing Old Age
- Friday – Reasons to Race
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Have you gotten the second COVID booster (those of you who are over 50)? Please share.