A 5 mile race belatedly to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
There was a dinner to celebrate my stepson’s and his wife’s anniversary and also a farewell dinner for a tennis friend (who’s moving). I did NOT run enough miles this week to burn off all those extra calories…
The pics above explain the title of this post. LOL
- Sunday – A relaxing day (post virtual half marathon)
After tracking all my friends who were in NYC running the live NYC Half Marathon, I drove to Saratoga Springs
I was scheduled to volunteer for the Freihofer 5k at the Adirondack Sports Expo.
I got there early and had some delicious donut holes & spicy mocha while I strolled around Congress Park and downtown.
Then I got to hang out with some and old new friends while promoting this race (you can run it live or virtually for only $22 – that includes a shirt and a medal – AMBDC is the discount code)
- Monday – I actually worked at an in-person training today (yup wore real clothes and make-up). Then after work, I participated in the first of 11 Freihofer Training Challenge (FTC) runs. As a Ambassador for the race, I was just there to support and to have some friends to run with. (Admittedly it is a pain to drive there and wait until 6 pm to run).
- Tuesday – I was able to squeeze in a run at lunch
Well, I went to the gym … to pick up my membership card.
I have FREE 12-week membership at the local YMCA as part of the FTC. Now I just need to go…
- Wednesday – I waited until after work to run. I wanted some different scenery so I drove to the Albany end of the rail trail.
- Thursday – I started the day (6:30 am) with an orientation at Y. A perfect activity for a rainy rest day.
After work, I went out to dinner for a farewell party. One of my tennis friends is moving to NC.
- Friday – A busy work day but I managed to squeeze in a short run at lunch.
After work, another dinner. This time at my MIL’s to celebrate my stepson and his wife’s 3rd wedding anniversary.
- Saturday – Started the day at the gym!
My plan was to work out at 6 am, then meet friends at 8 am followed by brunch.
Only the Y opens at 8 am on Saturdays not 5:30 am (as it does on weekdays). D’uh.
Since I had a race the next day, I only walked 3 miles and obviously not as far as planned. Still met at 10:30 for brunch.
- Sunday – Race Day. Shamrock Shuffle 5 Miler.
This is a race that I’ve done many times in the past but not since 2019. The plan is to have fun and have enough energy left to stop on my way home at the Zim Smith bike path and run 6 more miles…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday –
Freihofer Training Challenge Run,gym, dinner out and tix to a comedy act with friends & hubby
- Tuesday –
rest day, run
- Wednesday – run, dinner out with friends
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, gym, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (12 miles)
- Sunday – rest day,
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday –Shamrock Shuffle Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned