Believe it not, I do not have a Half Marathon until April 16. Yup, nada the whole month of March.
That doesn’t mean, there will not be long runs or races. But the races will be of shorter distances. And the long runs may not be double digit ones.
That’s what I call “down time.”
- Sunday – To recap things, today I ran a fun hilly half marathon in Central Park, NYC. It was cold, windy but the sun was shining and I shared the experience with fellow blogger, Cari, Almost didn’t mind the hills at all.
- Monday – My legs felt great and I was tempted to #nevermissamonday but I was good and only went for a long walk.
- Tuesday – Back at it but only had time to run after work. I drove into town since I had errands to do afterward.
- Wednesday – Again I ran after work in town but ran in the opposite direction from the day before
- Thursday – Decided to take a rest day because I had things to do after work (and may do a long run on Sunday rather than Saturday). And it was insanely windy!!
- Friday – Normally today is my rest day but instead I was able to squeeze in a run in my neighborhood after work
And then, there was cleaning and hosting mahjongg at my house.
- Saturday – Long Run Day! But I had signed up to Volunteer
(and promote the Freihofer 5k).
I had thought of running early with a friend (but her son came down with COVID so that was no longer an option) or solo in the afternoon.
With rain but 60s forecast for Sunday, I decided to hold off one day. Besides there’s always lots to do when you work all week. .
- Sunday – Yup a rainy morning but I did get out there and do my 8 mile long run once the rain stopped. I drove to a bike path where we used run before winter. It was clear in one direction and with a detour I was able to get all my miles done. The weather was picture perfect. Unfortunately I had to run alone. I missed my running buddies.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – rest day, knitting afternoon w/friends
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, walk with BFF
- Friday -rest day, bib pick-up, mah jongg
- Saturday – Electric Five Miler (+ 4 miles)
- Sunday – rest day
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Central Park Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Do Those Long Runs!
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How are you dealing with winter running so far? Anyone have a hard time adjusting to normalcy? Please share.