So my trial membership ended. I really like Peloton and the instructors. I think it offers a great variety of workouts. But I used it 9 times in 3 months!!! And I only used it for outdoor runs. It just doesn’t fit into my schedule. Well, actually I prioritize running and time with my family and friends over Peloton workouts. I won’t say that I won’t try it again (if it’s free) But there are just so many hours in the day when you work full-time. And then the $$$ thing. I choose to spend it on racing and brunches.
After a week of rainy weather, I’m happy to report that although it was cold, it was dry.
- Sunday – With #boatingsunday over for the year, #hikingsunday continued with Taconic Sculpture Park and Chittendens Falls before handing out candy to the neighborhood trick or treaters.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday. I got my run in at lunchtime so I could walk with friends after work.
- Tuesday – I had originally planned to either run at lunch and then walk with friends after work…or even go to my first Track workout.
My running friend asked me to run with her after work and so I walked at lunch… (And voted, of course.)
and then ran at UAlbany after work with her followed by a chilly outdoor walk with my BFF.
- Wednesday – Today I did squeeze in my run during lunch and then met my friends after work for our rail trail walk.
- Thursday – Rest day finally so after work, I could help a running friend move. We worked hard unloading their truck. Strength training, I say.
- Friday – Another rest day because I don’t run the day before a long run. I did walk at lunch time and played mahjongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Long Run Day! My 12 miler! Happy to report that it was sunnier than my runs during the week and that I had my friends to run with on most of the miles. Since I wanted to run 12, I ran 3 solo and then carpooled to Zim Smith with Barbara and ran the 9 remaining mile with Sherry. Due to the cold temps, we decided that we may be done with outdoor brunching for this year and instead I ate inside at a new place with the rest of the Sole Sisters.
- Sunday – NYC Marathon... tracking not running. FOMO. lol Good Luck to all those running it. You are all so lucky to have perfect weather.
A hike or two planned, of course.
I had wanted to go to Overlook Fire Tower but somehow my directions took me to Falling Water Preserve. it was a beautiful day with nice view of the Hudson.
On my way home, I stopped at Opus40 which someone had recommended. It was kinda meh. But again a beautiful day to be outdoors.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run at lunch, volunteer mtg after work
- Tuesday – run at lunch, walk after work with friends
- Wednesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Thursday – DAY OFF, run, hike
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – rest day, walk with friends
- Sunday – Stockade-athon 15k Race
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – What I learned from my worst race
- Friday – How to pick your next big race
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? What you like about Peloton? How often do you use it? Are you watching or tracking the NYCM today? Please share.