No weekend 5k last week so I could concentrate on the 11 mile Long Run.
We had previously been blessed with such great weather. Well, that ended. Many runners don’t mind running in the rain. I am not one of them. lol.
Fortunately I always have flowers in my kitchen (that I buy for myself at Trader Joes) which brighten my day (even when it cloudy and rainy). And they last for weeks too (although I hope we have more sunshine this coming week.)
- Sunday – Since I had only run a 5k on Saturday instead of the planned 10 miler, I decided to explore a new route, run 7 miles there and then go for two nearby hikes afterwards.
- Monday – I had not planned to run after running on both Saturday and Sunday, But Sunday’s run was easy and the pouring ran had stopped by lunchtime and threatened to start again. So off I ran.
I met a friend with my umbrella for an after work walk (and of course, it never rained until we were finished.)
- Tuesday – Another rainy day. I had no plans on joining the TTTC group. I did think about joining ARE’s Track workout (for the first time) if the rain stopped.
The rain never stopped ALL DAY. My first track workout will have to wait until next Tuesday. And I had to get my walk in at the mall.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day due to a hair appt. Of course, it was a nice weather day. I hate when that happens. So I decided to squeeze in a run.
During my hair appt, I got a text that our power was out. So I headed to the mall and walked around until the power came back on.
- Thursday – Back to trying to fit runs in during lunch or waiting to run or walk after work with friends. I decided to wait until after work and walk at lunch.
I walked on the water line behind my house since I hadn’t been there in ages.
I drove to the end of the rail trail and ran solo
and then met friends nearby for cookies (since they were not able to meet me to run.)
- Friday -Another rest day and an evening playing mah jongg.
- Saturday – Long Run Day! Of course, rain was predicted. But then the forecast changed to rain after 11 am. So we all decided to give it a go. I arrived early on the rail trail and ran 2 (in the rain… Boo). By the time everyone else arrived the rain had stopped. 9 more miles with Sherry while the others did their own thing. We met after at a new breakfast spot (which did not get rave reviews but my pumpkin waffles were delish).
The hubby wanted to go out for dinner so I had to indulge him.
- Sunday – I had originally planned to volunteer at a local trail race. I changed my mind when my friends were not running it and the forecast was for rain (and just in case I needed to change my long from from Saturday to Sunday.) And it did rain in the am. So I continued my d-cluttering obsession…
and then took off to go hiking
First I stopped off at a Sculpture Park
and then to see some nearby falls and stroll on the Electric Trail.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!! Champ and I are looking forward to giving out candy tonight!
This Coming Week on the Run:
- Monday – run, walk with friends
- Tuesday –
TTTC group run, ARE track workout
- Wednesday – run, walk with friends
- Thursday – rest day, help friend move
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (12 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – What I learned from my best race
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.