It’s catch up time. I skipped last week’s Run Down since I was away for four days in NH.
- So Half Marathon #52 is in the books. A great time away with my running friends was had by each one of us.
- The kitchen is DONE!!! The washing machine and the car are fixed.
- And I got my COVID booster shot!!! (I hope you all can soon, as well. Let’s all protect ourselves and others!!!!)
Two Weeks Ago:
- Monday – Fall temps were in the air. But I had no time to run except after work. Besides it rained much of the day.
After my run, I met friends to walk on the rail trail and then got my nails down.
BTW: The countertops were installed (still no water though…)
- Tuesday – After work today was the first scheduled Troy Turkey Trot Training Challenge (TTTC) group run. However, it got changed to “Virtual” this week.
So I reverted back to my usual rest day and met my two friends for a walk instead.
And the sink, faucet and dishwasher were connected. Hooray for normalcy (Of course, now I have to put everything back in the cabinets…)
- Wednesday – I ran a few miles at lunch…
because I had to drop my car off at the repair shop after work and then go to my MIL’s to celebrate her 96th birthday.
- Thursday – Last run before the “big day.” Again I squeezed in a run at lunch so I could pick up my car after work and then met my BFF to walk… and finally pack!
Plenty of time to run because the car needed more work than anticipated.
- Friday – And we were off early to our NH race-cation. We carpooled in two cars and stopped off on the way for a delicious lunch.
After getting situated in our 7 bedroom AirBnB house, we walked to the beach and then had dinner nearby with an ocean view.
- Saturday – As an early riser, I was able walk down to the beach and catch the sunrise on the ocean. A longer walk than from our house last year but it was nice to get in some steps.
We then set out to spend the day in Kennebunkport, ME where we had lunch and toured the shops. Afterward we returned to Hampton Beach, NH to pick up our race packets and spend the evening carb loading on pizza by an outdoor fire.
- Sunday – Rockfast Snuttynose Half Marathon!! Perfect running weather for those running 13.1 miles, 3.1 miles or just spectating.
Post race refreshments consisted of clam chowder and a lobster roll so no need to lunch. We relaxed the rest of the day and went out for celebratory dinner.
- Monday – I planned to get up early to watch the sunrise again but it was raining. So I waited and when it stopped, I took a long walk to the beach and along the ocean before we left for home.
Since it started to rain again, we decided to leave early. Glad this was a rest day as it poured the rest of the day.
- Tuesday – Back to work…sigh! Rained ALL day.
Week #2 of the TTTC had its first in-person meeting. The rain stopped just in time and I met some new people.
- Wednesday – I met my friend Deirdre for a run after work on the rail trail.
- Thursday – I was able to squeeze in a short run in my neighborhood during lunch so I could meet two friends to walk after work.
I also learned today that a local tennis friend who moved to Naples, FL died suddenly…. (Yes, she was a runner also.) She was only 46!!!
- Friday – Rest day after running three days in a row. Got my COVID booster shot. Fingers crossed for no adverse reaction that would spoil my 3-day weekend.
- Saturday – Back to our Saturday Long Runs. 8 miles was on my schedule. The good news was that I felt perfectly fine!! Phew. I ran intervals with Heid, Sherry & Deb and then met Chris, Judy and Jan after for brunch.
- Sunday – I signed up today to volunteer at the Mohawk-Hudson Half Marathon/Marathon. I was there early to set up for the refreshments and then stayed to cheer on some runners. What a great day. I enjoyed it almost as much as racing.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – run, boating
- Tuesday – TTTC group run
- Wednesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Thursday – run
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Smuttynose Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Big Hairy Goals (pt 2)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.