We got lucky with spring temps last week but this week, it seemed like winter again. Typical spring in the NE.
Fingers crossed that spring will return next week again.
- Monday – Nasty weather in the morning – cloudy, cold with very high winds. I decided to postpone my run until after work. At least the sun came out and it warmed up a bit but it still was very windy.
Then I had to rush home for a mah jongg group book ZOOM. We discussed The Book of Lost Names. So fun to see everyone again (at least virtually.)
- Tuesday – A busy work day so I decided not to run and instead do a quick walk in the park at lunch
and then a long walk with friends after work (followed by dinner with them). Unfortunately the evening ended badly with either a stomach flu or food poisoning (haven’t been that sick since I was kid.)
- Wednesday – Still a windy day and rain/snow predicted for later and tomorrow. Still not feeling 100% but decided to try an easy run at lunch. I drove to a nearby neighborhood.
After work, I always have that cooped up feeling and decided that I needed some fresh air. And it hadn’t started raining…yet.
- Thursday – Ugly rainy day. Bike time at lunch and a walk with friends after work (back at the outside mall to stay dry). On my drive home, it started to sleet then snow.
- Friday – Winter temps returned. Managed to squeeze in a cold walk at lunch. April (snow) showers bring May flowers, right?
After work, I resorted to a mall walk and was treated to this on my way home. Glad I didn’t skip the walk.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. 12 miles on my schedule and I picked Zim Smith for our group run. We hadn’t been there in ages and we all love brunch after at Leah’s Cakery. Of course, that was the plan before our unexpected snowfall. Fortunately the path was clear, the sun was shining, no wind and the chilly temps actually were perfect for a long run. I ran the first 7 miles with Stan and Sherry. Luckily Stan left since his pace is way faster than mine. I ran the next 4 with Sherry and dragged myself through the last mile solo.
- Sunday – Hiking Sunday continued but an early one since it was Easter and I had to go to dinner at my MIL’s. I was not expecting how much I loved this one (Beebe Hill Trails). A decent climb, pond and creek view, lean-to, old cemetery and a Fire Tower!! (more pics on FB & IG)
After a huge meal and this:
I decided on a second hike. This time it was a trail I had found out about but had forgotten about. It lets you view the Cohoes Falls from the opposite side. Th eonly problem was the MUD. I was covered to my knees lol
This Coming Week on the Run –
- Monday – run, walk with BFF
- Tuesday – rest day, bike, walk with friends
- Wednesday – DAY OFF, run, hike
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – Long Run (Taper 10)
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Five Year Predictions: Past and Future
- Friday – Advice for Recovering from the COVID Vaccine
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Any goals for April? Is it warming up where you live? Any April showers? Please share.