February was a short month so not as many miles as I usually run but I am still on track for 1000 miles in 2021 (I think).
I completed a virtual 5k and 15k and an in-person half marathon.
I completed a local Fleet Feet February running challenge and am on track with the NYCRuns one.
And I canceled my Peleton membership. I’ll explain why in a future post.
I’ve continuing hiking and even ventured out on those icy trails. So far in 2021, I’ve hiked on 15 different trails (7 of which were new to me).
Hoping for better weather in March but you never know. If nothing else, I wish the snow would melt so my options for running routes increase. Some local races are happening. So far, I have only signed up for one.
- Monday – A rainy windy day. Due to my long run bring postponed, I declared today a rest day from running. I rode the bike during lunch and went for a walk after work (inside the mall – the wind was insane.)
Came home and the power went off…until 6 am the next morning!!
- Tuesday – Another VERY windy COLD day but since it was dry, I went for a run at lunch. Brrrrrr.
After work, I had a hair appt and that evening, I attended a ZOOM with some running friends. A few have been wintering in Fla so it was nice to see them again.
- Wednesday – I had more time today at lunch so I drove to do my lunch run. It was warmer and less windy than the day before (but still windy).
Getting my run done at lunch leaves me time to walk with a friend after work.
- Thursday – Come on, what’s with the wind? Another windy day which always makes it feel colder and the run harder. But I got it done again during an early lunch.
Another after work walk with a friend. Glad to continue this daily habit.
- Friday – After running 3 days in a row (even slow short ones), I needed a rest today. And though sunny, the wind was as fierce as ever. George to the rescue.
- Saturday – Back on schedule for Saturday Long Run. We took a big risk and decided to see if the path was clear on the Nisky Bike Path. It was clear but sooo cold and windy. Glad to have company on the whole ten miles.
- Sunday – Started the day with a bike ride and then the plan was, when it warmed up a little, to go off on a hike. I was thinking of maybe a winter fire tower climb (Dickinson Fire Tower)
It was such a nice day that I decided on another hike – Holly Hock Hollow Preserve.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Virtual ZOOMA Women’s Day 5k, walk with BFF
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – DAY OFF – rest day, hike with a friend, walk
- Thursday – run, race bib pick up, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – Electric City Five Miler, Run 5 more? walk/hike?
- Sunday – Long Run?, walk/hike? (depends on what I choose to do on Saturday)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Any goals for March? Is it warming up where you live? What about those March winds? Please share.