New Month. And lots to be grateful for.
I get my 2nd COVID vaccine this coming week.
I have a vacation in a warmer climate planned for this month.
I will be running an in-person race.
My family and friends are all healthy.
The days are getting longer.
Spring starts next month.
Last Week –
- Monday – The snowstorm was predicted to start in the afternoon. So boy was I surprised to wait up to snow on the ground already and it was snowing. #nevermissamonday! What to do? I knew things would be getting worse before they got better so I waited for the snow plow/salt truck to go by and then went for a run. The worst part was going down my driveway and no shoulder on the side of the main road.
By lunchtime, there seemed to be a lull in the snow so I drove to the local park hoping the hit the trails. Well, I was too lazy to put on my yaks and grab my poles and getting to the trails was too icy so I just took a walk around the park.
After work, I was better prepared and go in a decent hike. Nope…snowing too hard. Hunkered down at home and read a book (The Vanishing Half = good one!).
- Tuesday – Ok, I woke up to too much snow for a morning anything outdoors.
It continued to snow all morning so my only option was the bike at lunch. (George to the rescue.) I set up a TV so I could use it for the Peleton app instead of my ipad or iphone.
Then I shoveled out my hot tub (priorities) and checked out the roads in the ‘hood.
After work, I was determined to get outside again. Not to run but for a long walk with friends.
- Wednesday – No more snow but still a cold day with a lot more wind. I drove into town for a run at lunch. On my way, I ate three homemade cookies. I’m telling you this because I had more energy than normal…
I also met my BFF for a long walk before dinner.
- Thursday – A beautiful morning. There was even sun but not much time to do much out there before work.
I did go for another lunch run in town (but on different streets) and again with Matty (on Peleton).
And then back to the outside mall after work for a long walk with friends.
- Friday – Rest day. A Bike ride at lunch. An easy decision since the weather was supposed to be nasty (but of course then it wasn’t).
And a trail walk at Fiver Rivers after work.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Finally temps near 30. (For us it is a winter heat wave). I met Sherry for 10 miles at The Crossings. I ran 3 solo and then 7 with her and my friend Stan (who showed up by surprise.) It was cold but sunny and so much less windy and cold than the previous Saturday. Last long run before my race!!
- Sunday – Started the day on George. Substituted Peleton for Netflix
Lots of snow on the trails but difficult to decide where to hike without snowshoes or X-country skis. Sherry lent me her micro-spikes and I was excited to try them out. I was afraid that the snow would not stop and I would have to postpone my hike. But around 2:30 pm, it did and I decided to explore Plotterkill Preserve.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk, ZOOM book club (The Vanishing Half)
- Tuesday – run, COVID vaccine #2, walk with friends
- Wednesday – rest day, bike, walk, pack
- Thursday – flt to Fort Lauderdale, drive to N. Boca, dinner in Deerfield Beach with friends
- Friday – run (at sunrise), gardens and bird sanctuaries with a friend
- Saturday – rest day, sunrise walk, brunch with a friend, drive to FL, boat tour to lighthouse, race expo
- Sunday – Race Day – Publix A1A Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon, explore Fort Lauderdale, boat ride on the New River
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Are you venturing outdoors in the sub zero temps? Any knitters out there? How about succulents? Please share.