My second Monday in a row OFF from work!!!
Manic because I stress about weather and what to do and where to go. It’s important when you work 5 days a week and have limited days off. I want to make the most of them. So far so good.
Two summer Mondays had already been filled with hiking adventures.
Exciting news on the Skirt Sports front this week. As you may know, the company went out of business….
But then it was bought by someone else… the owner of the ZOOMA race series.
In NYS, gyms were allowed to open this week. The latest on my free gym:
Last Week –
- Monday – Day off from work! Woo Hoo!!
The day before I was at a tennis gathering on the Schroon River so I decided not to return home and stay up in the Adirondacks so I could run and hike there. (Lots of thunderstorms but missed them in both places 🙂 )
I met my friend in North Creek (about 40 min from the marina) and we drove to the trail head. My friend recommended Moxham Mountain since it had some great views and it was long but not too difficult.
We were able to explore North Creek and the Mosaic Project before the rain came.
- Tuesday – After work, I had a hair appointment. I was planning on a rest day since I usually run on Mondays. But I did not run yesterday so I had hoped to squeeze one in at lunch. It was so humid and it looked like the skies were about to open that I opted for a walk instead.
After my hair appt, I stopped off at The Crossings to get in a few miles before the next pop up thunderstorm.
- Wednesday – I did get to run in the morning today before work. With the cooler temps, I should have been peppy but I was not lol. Though it was in the 50s, I felt overdressed in my half-zip due to the bright sunshine.
and then a walk at lunch.
For our weekly trail walk, we returned to Thacher Park. We chose a different trail in order to view Hang Glider Cliff. The weather and the company were PERFECT for the walk.
The walk was long enough to earn a dinner at one of my favorite places again – Maple on the Lake.
- Thursday – Whether or not I would run today was dependent on work and the weather. Rain was predicted for most of the day. When I was doing the challenge, if it were raining, I’d just grab an umbrella and walk. Now…nope I skipped walking in the rain before work.
Only had a short break for lunch and it was POURING and thundering! Nope. Not happening.
My only hope for some activity today was after work. The rain had let up so I took off for a run at the Albany end of the rail trail (for a change of scenery). No trails today due to the mud situation.
- Friday – Rest Day Friday.
But due to Saturday’s weather forecast, we decided to postpone our long runs until Sunday. That messes with my head. Do I still rest???
Yes, but there were several walks. No time before work but one at lunch.
I decided to go to the nearby nature preserve trail since I hadn’t been there in a while.
On the way….guess what I passed??
I LOVE sunflowers!! I don’t know if they plant them every year but I’ve never seen them. Then again, I’ve never gone to nature preserves before the pandemic. So I ran to them and back (about 1/2 mile) and then only had time for one loop of the preserve.
Another walk right after work but only had time for the neighborhood.
And of course, ended my day with my weekly walk on the rail trail with former co-workers. We returned to our original meet-up spot and headed in the opposite direction (so we wouldn’t be tempted to buy the gourmet popcorn lol)
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY POSTPONED.
Rain, rain and more rain. I was hoping for a break in the weather to get in a bike ride or walk. It did stop and after all my errands and cleaning, I decided I needed a road trip.
So I headed out to find a hike with a decent waterfall. And I did…the best one I’ve seen so far.
On my way home, I stopped off at Art Omi, a nearby outdoor sculpture garden. It was so interesting and perfect for distancing…everything was so spread out.
- Sunday – LONG RUN DAY RE-SCHEDULED.
So normally Sunday is reserved for boating with the hubby. Luckily for me, he is flexible. I could run and skip boating or just head up and meet him after my run.
Since Alyssa did not defer the H2H half marathon, we wanted to support her virtual quest and so we met at Zim Smith bike path so we could have brunch at Leah’s. (Food is a priority).
I arrived earlier and ran some miles with Alyssa and then circled back and ran intervals with Deirdre. In the end, I completed 12 miles. I earned my Dark n Stormy, quiche and brownie and chatted (for longer than I ran) with the other 6 Sole Sisters.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day
- Tuesday – run, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – rest day, trail walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, Boating on Lake George
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How are you surviving the summer heat? Please share.