I went hiking on my day off at the beginning of the week and ended the week with another day trip (to a tennis party). I started riding my bike and had a few butterfly sightings this week.
My SIXTH 2020 Half Marathon has been cancelled. TWO (including this one) had NO refunds and NO deferrals.
Ten of us reserved a house in NH that weekend… may still go if it is safe. Still bummed about NO race (and no finish line beer or lobster roll.)
Last Week –
- Monday – A day off from work. I had my fingers crossed that the weather would cooperate and I could take a road trip and hike with a old friend and former co-worker, Molly. We decided on Vroman’s Nose because of its scenic views. Both the weather and views were perfect. We also met up with my running friends who joined up on the hike.
After the hike, we all went out to brunch. Then I convinced Molly to hike some more (especially after those blueberry pancakes). We headed to Landis Arborteum. There were lots of trails and interesting trees. So worth it.
- Tuesday – The day started with a follow-up podiatrist appointment followed by a run. I explained to doctor about my zero-drop theory and then we discussed my other foot (bunion pain)… exercises, tape and 2 months to follow-up. She was happy that my neuroma no longer hurt.
Just a quick walk at lunch (I was going to try out my bike but the front tire was flat 😦 )
I headed for the trails after work – Hannacroix Ravine Preserve (which I had planned on re-visiting last week but never did). I forgot to download the map and I had no cell service so I just followed the red signs up and down and over small creeks hoping that it was a loop. I eventually met a couple and asked them. I was almost done at that point and all I had to do was turn right at the main road and walk down a ways to the parking lot. Phew!
When I got home, my hubby had put air in my bike tires and I actually rode my bike. It needs some work but it’s rideable.
- Wednesday – Too busy at work to walk or run before work or during lunch. Too bad because it was a nice coolish day.
But I did get in my run after work. I drove to the Voorheesville end of the rail trail (because the art exhibit was finally finished) and ran from there and back.
- Thursday – Again I skipped my morning walk but I did squeeze a short one in during lunch.
Our weekly Trail Walk got changed this week to today and a new location – Thacher Park. First we walked the Indian Ladder trail and then another looped trail.
followed by dinner on Warner’s Lake.
- Friday – Rest Day Friday. No time to run or walk before work so I took out the bike.
And another ride during lunch on a beautiful sunny day (My rest days always have the best weather….)
This has become a weekly thing…post work walk with two former co-workers. Great way to end the week and chat. We met on the rail trail but at a different spot to vary the walk route.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Today we chose the Corning bike path to run/walk. I started earlier as usual and then met the others. I did heart rate intervals with Jan and ended up with 11 miles total.
Then we all picked up our brunch items at Baking You Crazy and ate them outdoors at Chris’ house.
- Sunday – Normally I would be boating on Lake George with the hubby. But today was an annual party at a house on the Schroon River with my tennis friends.
After the party, I planned to stay overnight on my boat so on Monday (a day off), I could get in an early run and then some hikes in the Adirondacks.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – run, hike
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt
- Wednesday – run, trail walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, Boating on Lake George
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How are you surviving the summer heat? Please share.