Much of the same. Working from Home has no end in sight…at least until October but most likely until 2021.
Love WFH for convenience to running/walking/hiking but miss my trips to NYC!!
Last Week –
- Monday – #NeverMissaMonday? Not really but it just happens that my long runs are on Saturday so I run on Mondays most weeks if the weather and work cooperate. I was able to squeeze in one before work and bumped into a tennis friend running in my neighborhood which was nice.
Not too much time for a lunch walk but I did get out since rain was predicted for Tuesday.
Not sure why but I felt very energetic this evening (maybe due to a sluggish Sunday). So I drove to see a field of 145,000 sunflowers (not exaggerating),
visited a new preserve, then a friend who lived nearby
and two more preserves that I’ve visited before- Holt and Hollyhock Hollow.
I walked along the creek at HollyHock Hollow….so so dry… didn’t stay long as it was getting dark.
- Tuesday – Finally some rain. We did need it. I was glad it was a rest day. In the morning, I just grabbed my umbrella and headed out. The walk didn’t last long as it was raining so hard that I was getting soaked even with an umbrella. Well’ at least my garden was happy. I was hoping that it would let up by lunch or at least by dinner.
I tried once more when the rain let up but again it didn’t last before it started to monsoon. One last try since thunderstorms were predicted for the afternoon and high winds for the evening.
After work, I decided that the only way to get in some dry steps was to head to the mall. Yes, the mall is open. I wore my mask and didn’t do any shopping (What do I need??)
- Wednesday – Storm over. I got in a quick walk before work.
I rushed out to get in my run during lunch. I only had time to do it in my neighborhood and actually ran in a neighboring development for a change. This run was not one for the record books…my lower back really ached (always something). I wondered why. Was it sitting too much? Nope, I am always at the computer. My shoes? Same as for my 10 miler (though they are getting worn.) Then I remembered the walk in the mall the evening before. Hard floors!! So I just took it down a notch and walked when I needed to… Got it done!!
After work, I met my running friends for our weekly trail walk. We re-visited Five Fivers (where last time we saw the mama turtle lay her eggs). We saw a deer and some cicada killer bees and covered around 3 miles while chatting.
On my way home, I decided to re-visit HollyHock Hollow Preserve. I thought it may look very different from Monday after Tuesday’s tropical storm rains.
- Thursday – I was debating on whether to run before or after work. I decided on after so I could drive and run somewhere different.
So there were walks before work and during lunch.
I decided to run at UAlbany after work since I hadn’t been there in ages.
I followed it with a quick trip to Bozenkill Preserve.
- Friday – Rest Day Friday. As usual. A Rainy Day.
I did my morning walk near by office since I had to pick something up. I was able to get it done in between raindrops.
My lunch walk on the trails too. The rain had stopped which was convenient.
And after work, I met my former co-workers on the rail trail as I did last Friday evening. Thunderstorms were predicted but we lucked out. Nothing but humidity. 7 miles and one bag of chocolate cherry gourmet popcorn.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. We found out that one of our favorite brunch places does take-out and there’s a place outside to gather. So the Nisky bike path was where we did our runs/walks. I arrived early and ran a few miles with Alyssa and Karen. They were too fast so I ran heart rate intervals for the rest of my miles with Jan. 11 miles done in God awful humidity. Met with with everyone else after for a delicious outdoor brunch (raspberry lemonade French toast).
- Sunday – Boating on Lake George. Another beautiful weather day and we invited two friends to spend the day with us.
We relaxed, chatted, swam, ate and took a LONG walk on the trail. Perfect!!
This Coming Week –
- Monday –run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run, trail walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How are you surviving the summer heat? Please share.