My Topic today is: Skirt Sports
In case you haven’t heard, after 15 years, Skirt Sports is closing its doors.
Many of my friends have asked me why? They wondered if it was because of the pandemic. I’ll just post here part of what Nicole and Noelle wrote on their site:
This could be the end of the Skirt road…Unfortunately the current economic climate has dictated that we must consider closing our doors even as we continue to search for a new owner…
Over the coming weeks, we need to sell all of our inventory…
Let us reassure you that no matter what happens in the coming months, our community will live on…
This is very sad for many reasons:
- This was a woman-owned and run company.
- Their clothes were for ALL women of ALL ages and ALL sizes.
- They did not just sell skirts but also tops, capris, tights, jackets, hats, dresses, bathing suits, etc.
- They offered sales, discounts, used items to make their clothes affordable.
- They created a community of women not just clothes.
- They sponsored races and retreats.
- They inspired women to be healthy and fit.
I could go on and on.
Five years ago, I was lucky to be selected as an Ambassador Captain. It was then a small group which has grown immensely in subsequent years.
I personally benefited greatly from this company:
- I wore cute clothes and always felt good in them when running (no matter how hard the race was.)
- My clothes always felt comfortable in ALL seasons.
- I have worn Skirt Sports not just for running but also for hiking, tennis and even going out.
- Most important are those friends that I would never have met if it weren’t for Skirt Sports. ❤ ❤ ❤
So thank Nicole for what you have added to my life. And Good Luck in your future endeavors.
I know you will be missed in my area:
Check out their last sale:
I’m also linking up here:
Happy Running! Did you wear Skirt Sports? How do feel about their end of their reign? Please share.