Still working at home…all social activities cancelled. (Even introverts enjoy adult conversation lol)
Grateful that I was pro-active and got my eyes examined, new supply of contacts, ordered new glasses, got my hair cut and colored and my nails done…all before lock down.
Only things left to do are run, walk, hike and bike.
I will survive!!!
Last Week –
- Monday – That nice weather we had last week was gone. Snow/rain mix all day. I did not let that stop me from my lunch walk in the snow.
But my after work walk… snowing too hard out. sigh.
- Tuesday – My new normal continued…. lunch walk…
Unfortunately, work was too busy to even take a lunch break. 😦
Followed by an after work run or walk.
I plan to run every other day depending on the weather. So today was a run day. It was chilly but at least it was dry on the trail trail (in spite of the recent snowstorm) and since I didn’t do my lunch walk, I ran 4 instead of my normal 3 miles.
- Wednesday – Back to our new normally scheduled program…
After work walk
- Thursday – Sorry if you are getting bored with my life. I am too.
A muddy lunch walk
A post work run (done virtually with my NYC pal, Cari)
First ZOOM video chat (with some of the Freihofer Run Ambassadors):
Second ZOOM chat with my running friends:
Gotta love technology!! Miss them!!!
- Friday – Same old, same old.
Lunch walk on a rest day:
Then walk number 2 after work on the rail trail:
Then when I got home, I did a ZOOM chat with my mah jongg friends (we normally play on Friday nights) and we planned to play online together. (realmahjongg.com)
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday but for the second week in a row without my running friends. I decided to drive to the Zim Smith rail which I hadn’t run on since fall.
I ran 3.5 miles in one direction and turned around and then 2.5 in the other direction (with a detour on a new path) and turned around. It wasn’t easy and as usual, a lot of walking photo stops but got it done (as I train for my April 18 unofficial virtual half marathon).
I made sure to order my (take-out) post run treats before the run. The chocolate milk at Leah’s Cakery is one of the reasons that I love this trail.
- Sunday – A rainy rest day…hopefully the rain will stop so I get in a walk…otherwise my non-working, non-running time is filled with knitting, laundry, cooking and housework. Miss my friends!!!
Update: The rain did stop and I got in a long walk.
and de-cluttered many drawers:
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday –
5k race. LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, walk
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone running virtual races? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Please share.