Back working at home until March except for some race-cations thrown in.
Last Week –
- Monday – Back to my podiatrist because the foot pain continues. I convinced him that I think it’s a neuroma. He agreed that if it were small, it wouldn’t show up on a MRI and he gave me a cortisone shot. He added that we wouldn’t know if it worked for 2-3 weeks.
Had my first of 4 Chair Yoga sessions at work. So fun. Need it every day!!
After work, I ran my usual 3 mile UAlbany.
- Tuesday – Rest Day scheduled due to a much needed hair appointment.
- Wednesday – Long work day but needed to run it off. Instead of UAlbany, I drove to rail trail and also ran in the local neighborhoods when it got dark.
- Thursday – Debating all day about whether or not to run a half in NYC on Sunday. Tonight was the deadline to cancel my hotel reservations. The weather forecast for Saturday was snow/rain but on race day, it had improved..and then there was the foot situation and lack of training. Decisions….Decisions.
After another day on my feet, I went for a run at UAlbany with Chris.
- Friday – PT consult today. Looking for answers for my foot. She says she can help..appointments made for next Monday and Wednesday.
Also a Rest Day to get ready for the weekend in NYC and an evening with the mah jongg ladies. Yup, I decided to go for it. I love a challenge and I hoped that I wouldn’t regret it.
- Saturday – Another rest day cuz I was headed to NYC by bus. Thanks to the snow, my bus arrived late so I immediately headed to meet fellow bloggers Cari and Deborah. We had a great time over wine and popcorn. I briefly stopped off to check into my hotel before heading to Brooklyn to carb load with friend Stan who was also running the half the next day.
- Sunday – Race Day – Fred Lebow Half Marathon. Holy hills!!! Two full loops of Central Park on a beautiful day. Perfect weather for running but the cold temps and wind had me freezing my butt off before and after the race. The foot hurt but seems no worse than before. The hills were what had me bitching. After a long hot shower, I met Stan for brunch. And we both decided to head home several hours early. (Too cold windy and sore to hike around the city.). I felt better after running 26.2 miles. Go figure.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – PT, rest day
- Tuesday – rest day, gym, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – PT, run (Delmar)
- Thursday –run (UAlbany)
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – long run with Sole Sisters (11 miles)
- Sunday – rest day
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone suffering from undiagnosable injuries? Ever have a cortisone shot? What’s new with you? Please share.