Christmas and Chanukah…nice when they both fall during the same week … since I celebrate both holidays LOL
And yes, I have been running. Yes, my foot still hurts but not worse and it was better than sitting on my butt eating holiday treats.
Last Week –
- Monday – Finally a warmish sunny day but of course, it was a Rest Day. A long awaited chiropractor appointment. I was on only maintenance so I do not visit her often but I was interested in what she could do with my sore foot. She did some work but agreed with me that it may be a neuroma and then I would need an MRI. Afterward I headed to the gym for an hour on the bike.
- Tuesday – Christmas Eve run…what else? Since I DNSed on the Last Run 5k through the lights in the park, I decided to run it on my own. The lights go on before they allow cars in…just enough time for me.
- Wednesday – Day Off and I started it with a run… I knew I would be eating a lot later in the day and not able to run the following two days. Since it was daylight, I decided to see if the Corning Bike Path was clear…
The run was followed by a big dinner with the family.
- Thursday – Rest Day. Re-scheduled BFF birthday celebration. First we had dinner.
And then we went to the movies.
- Friday – Another rest day as I had to rush home because I was hosting mah jongg at my home.
- Saturday – Long run scheduled with the Sole Sisters. As usual, we all ran different distances but met afterward for brunch.
Evening holiday tennis party. Lots of eating, gift giving, singing and laughing.
- Sunday – With the upcoming weather forecast for the next few days, I considered another run but I didn’t want to press my luck with the foot so I rode the bike at the gym instead.
And then I went to a local museum.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – Winter Series #2 race (3.5 miles)
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – long run with Sole Sisters (8 miles), yoga
- Sunday – rest day
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How did you spend your holiday? Have you seen Hamilton? Do you sometimes have to ignore injuries and run anyway? Please share.