In town this week but NO RUNNING per doctors orders so… not a happy runner.
Last Week –
- Monday – I finally was not travelling so I could get to a podiatrist to have my sore foot checked out. He found nothing in the xrays and nothing when he pressed on it. So his diagnosis was that it is sore from a bunion, high arches or tight shoes… Treatment suggested was 2 weeks of anti-inflammatory drugs and no running. Next dr. appt is Jan 3 and if it still hurts then, he will schedule an MRI. Sounds welcoming in the snowy cold NE but not if you have a Half Marathon scheduled for Jan 19 and running keeps you sane. If you see me, stay away. I will be grumpy!!
- Tuesday – Day 12 on the no running front…at least I had a hair appointment on my schedule to take up time.
- Wednesday – Long stressful work day with no running to be had so I dragged my running shoes to the gym and did an hour on the bike. At least I’m catching up on my podcasts.
- Thursday – Same as Wednesday. My scheduled BFF birthday movie/dinner got re-scheduled so I was free to do more indoor cycling. So fun. Not.
- Friday – Work meeting and party. Lots of eating with no running or walking. Good thing I don’t own a scale. Mah jongg in the evening to take my mind off my foot.
- Saturday – Rain postponed the weekly long Sole Sisters run. Who am I kidding? No run anyway but I did go to a Yoga for Runners class. Luckily it focused on upper spine and shoulders.
- Sunday – Long run rescheduled. I did not run but I met them for brunch and then spent time with another Sole Sister who cannot run. We knit, chatted and planned our return to running.
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How do you spend your time when you cannot run? Please share.