I survived Half Marathon #36 but I still have 2 15ks and another half marathon in the next few months to train for.
Last week –
- Monday – So today was week 5 of the Freihofer Challenge Training (FTC) group. Finally a session where I had not run the day before. However, I did run 13.1 miles two days before and my uninjured leg seemed sore. It rained most of the day and the temps really dropped from the weekend. It was also VERY windy. (out came the winter running gear.) Hopefully next Monday, I’ll do some Advanced drills but not today.
- Tuesday – My leg felt better today so I met Christina for a short after work run. We decided on the Corning Bike Path since it was close to where I was working. Even had a little sun to combat the wind.
- Wednesday – Rest day after a long work day. A fun evening at my monthly tennis meet-up.
- Thursday – Another after work run. With Christina again at the same location as Tuesday. No sun today but less wind.
- Friday – Rest day and the first night of Passover. I celebrated it at our annual Mah Jongg seder.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Lots of options. FTC run or Rabbit Ramble 4m race or just a long run. But it was raining, I am a weather wimp and almost bailed on the whole thing. But I did go to FTC, even ran 4 very speedy miles with the Advanced group. Because the skies opened up, instead of continuing our miles, we went out to brunch.
- Sunday – Since I only ran 4 on Saturday, this morning I did my long run. The weather was absolutely perfect. I met Deidre & Christina at the Nisky bike trail (where we have not run since fall). We did 8 miles together with varying intervals and it was almost painless.
Easter Sunday and dinner with the fam…yes, I celebrate all.the.holidays. It’s all about the food. LOL