Last week –
- Monday – Rest Day. Geez there are a lot of these. Went to an ART appointment after work. She seemed pretty encouraged about the lack of tightness in my calf (but then again I hadn’t done anything since the last appt.) After I was done, I did some errands and stopped off at the gym to use some arm machines.
- Tuesday – Met a few Sole Sisters for an after work run at UAlbany. Love the extra hour of daylight.
- Wednesday – Rest day as after work, I had to go to my brother-in-Law’s wake (who died unexpectedly last week).
- Thursday – Today was the funeral and I got in a short run after at The Crossings (Running definitely is therapy.) And I followed it with my last ART appointment before my race in hopes of being able to run 13.1 on the bum leg. She performed some magic, taped it and wished me luck.
- Friday – Rest day and evening home (mah jongg was cancelled) to re-group after a stressful week and pack.
- Saturday – Another rest day and a bus ride to NYC. After checking into my hotel, I headed out to get my race bib. Met up with Cari at the expo and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and carb loading.
- Sunday – Today I ran the NYC Half Marathon. Took an early morning shuttle to Brooklyn where the race began and I eventually finished in Central Park. It was painless for my calf but not for the rest of my undertrained body. My finish time was even better than my previous two halves despite the wind and the cold. NYC rocks. I loved the race. So glad I decided to do it.