Last week –
- Monday -I wasn’t planning on running today. I had to take the train to NYC and then to Queens to set up. I rushed back to my hotel to change just in case the High Line was still open. I had tickets to see the Warhol exhibit at the Whitney museum (which is near the High Line.) The entrance to the High Line was closed so I ran along the Hudson to the museum. I really enjoyed the Warhol paintings and walked home on the High Line. (It was open if you entered a different way.)
- Tuesday – After work, I took the subway to Central Park, my preferred running location.
I ran a shorter version of my usual loop and walked back to my hotel (so I could see the tree at Bryant Park.)
- Wednesday – A good dilemma is where to run in NYC when it is dark. I decided on Central Park again but entering around 81st rather than 59th. I ended my run with a trip to Knitty City and a very long back to my hotel.
- Thursday – I signed up with SS sister Elizabeth for the ASICS run and holiday party. So I immediately headed to my hotel after work to change and rushed to the store. Well, Elizabeth had to work late but now I have a new running BFF, Anne and we had a great time.
- Friday – Finally a rest day. No time (or energy) to run since I had to return home after work.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters. This week we chose the Crossings and we had perfect running weather (no coat or gloves needed..woo hoo!!). Having skipped my long run last weekend in favor of 2 5k races, I decided to shorten my 8 miler to 6. It was followed by brunch, of course.
Then in the evening I celebrated my mentee, Amanda’s birthday with our annual Canvas Corks and Forks painting extravaganza.
- Sunday – Rest Day and catch up day around the house including errands.
This Coming Week –
- Monday –3 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis dinner out
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 3 miles, Billy Joel concert
- Thursday -NYC, 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – Long run with my Sole Sisters, dinner out with stepson & fiancee
- Sunday -rest day, Christmas shopping!!
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Are you ready for Christmas? Please share.