Sleeping at home all week (until Saturday). What a novelty!! I had to enjoy it because I will be traveling for work every week (except my jury duty week) until Christmas.
- Monday – Finally I was home so I was able to go to a Turkey Trot Training group run. I hadn’t been in a month. But I had a cold and felt like crap. And when I went to change into my running clothes, I realized that I had packed only one running shoe. The training group run was not meant to be. So I went home and decided to get my other shoe and run locally. The awesome view of the moon was worth it. That and the wonton soup I stopped to get.
- Tuesday – I was scheduled to sub in tennis but managed to squeeze in a short run before. The day before my cold seemed better while I was running. Not so today. I struggled. But at least the weather was perfect.
- Wednesday – Rest day trying to get rid of this damn cold and since I had planned a dinner out with my tennis friends.
- Thursday – Back with a COLD windy run at UAlbany with 2 Sole Sisters and meeting up with my BFF to walk around the mall and catch up on things.
- Friday – Rest Day. Packing and Mah Jongg.
- Saturday – The plan was a 5 mile run with friends before I headed off by bus to NYC. But I bailed. The forecast was for cold rain so I slept in. After I arrived in the city (in the rain), checked into my hotel, I went to NYC Run Center to pick up my bib (in the RAIN) for the next day’s race, and then went to a movie (A Star is Born – go see it!!!!!!!!!)
- Sunday – Race Day – Poland Spring Marathon Kick Off race. A 5 miler around Central Park. It was cold and hilly but fun.
After the race, I walked more than 30 blocks back to my hotel since I had some time. Afterward, I met my college friends for lunch and then my tennis friends to see Pretty Women on Broadway. Then we all took the train home. Yes I pack a lot stuff into one day.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles (Turkey Trot Training Group)?? or 5 miles local
- Tuesday – drive to Rochester for work, 3 miles
- Wednesday – 3 miles in Rochester
- Thursday – rest day, drive home
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 11 miles
- Sunday – rest day, hiking with my mentee and her sons
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.