Back on the road for work and the new 15K that I have sorta been training for.
- Monday – I ran after work today at UAlbany since I hadn’t run the perimeter and the pond loop in a while.
- Tuesday – In Rochester for work and after the long drive and set up, I headed to the Erie Canal trail for a run. It was a little warm but nothing like the weather which will be coming this weekend.
I also met up with a fellow Skirt Sports ambassador which is always fun.
- Wednesday – After work, although I had a long drive home, I planned to stop for my ice cream and a short run. Unfortunately it was pouring so I had to settle for just ice cream.
- Thursday – A rest day because after work, I had plans to get together with my tennis friends. We try to do this once a month. It was another rainy day as well.
- Friday – Another rest day (third rest day in a row) in preparation for my race the next day.
- Saturday – Adirondack Race to the Lakes 15k. It was a new race on the hottest day of the summer so far. I didn’t know what to expect and the hills were the worst (or maybe it was the humidity). But I just walked a lot and survived. The ice cream at the end as well as the cold lake to soak your feet helped. And I placed 2nd in my AG.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. 100 degree day and so happy to be able to spend it on the lake.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles or rest due to the heat wave
- Tuesday – 2-3 miles, tennis (maybe more rest due to the heat)
- Wednesday – DAY OFF – rest day or 3 miles in the am, Boating
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 8 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.