Returned to my favorite city. Too bad it was not for a vacation.
- Monday – Back in NYC for work with a travel snafu for the next 3 mos. I arrive at Grand Central Sta. now and then have to get to Penn Sta. where my hotel is and vice versa on the way home on Friday. PITA. It was raining when I left home. But not in NYC. It was perfect running weather. After set up in Queens and checking into my hotel, I decided to run along the Hudson River and end up in Greenwich Village to have dinner. Then I walked all the way back to my hotel. No problem getting in steps when in NYC. My legs covered over 11 miles for the day.
- Tuesday – Tempted to run everyday when in NYC but decided that I best take a day off since I had a 5k scheduled for the next night. So I got some inexpensive tix to a Broadway show.
- Wednesday – Global Running Day. As I did two weeks ago, I signed up for a cheap 5k in Brooklyn (Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series 5k #2). I wasn’t feeling great and so the run was tough. But I felt better when it was over. (Isn’t that always the case?)
- Thursday – Last day to run in the city this week so of course, I did. I took the subway to Central Park and ran my usual path and a new one (the bridal path) and then walked home.
- Friday – Rest day because I had to rush to catch my train to get home.
- Saturday – Finally reunited with my running friends for a Saturday run ( we now call ourselves “sole sisters” instead of “wineglass ladies.”) and brunch after.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. But first I got in a short run to the grocery store in town (with a detour along the lake.)
A perfect day to hang out on the lake with the hubby and friends.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – train to NYC, rest day
- Tuesday – Brooklyn Ice Cream Social 5k
- Wednesday – rest day, train home
- Thursday – 3 miles, dinner with a former co-worker
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 8 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating? or maybe a 5K?
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How did you celebrate Global Running Day?