Last week –
- Monday – A day off from work. Woo Hoo! Even though I had run 7 miles the day before, who wastes an opportunity to run during the daylight hours. Not moi! It was still in the teens, but having sunshine and Judy to keep me company made this run easy peasy.
- Tuesday – A rest day because I was scheduled to play tennis in the evening. Since there is now a treadmill where I play tennis, I just had to use it, right?
It was torture as usual. At least tennis was fun as well as dinner out after.
Today was also my 19th wedding anniversary (to be celebrated over the weekend) and 7th anniversary of my FIRST half marathon!!
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day due to a hair appointment. You know how important those are.
And also due to all the snow. But my hairdresser got sick and cancelled. Messed up my schedule. Don’t you hate when that happens?
- Thursday – Roads clear so I went for a run after work.
- Friday – Another scheduled rest. I actually went for a walk at lunch for the first time in forever. Mah jongg was my evening activity.
- Saturday – The Wineglass ladies organized an early morning run. We decided on UAlbany since we could run in the road if the path was snow-covered and slippery. There were 6 of us. I ran 2 + loops or 6 miles with Barbara and we ran at a decent pace with some good conversation which always makes the run more enjoyable. Afterwards, we went out to brunch, of course.
It was a little rushed since I planned to attend the Women’s March downtown in the afternoon.
- Sunday – The weather was great and I was tempted to go for a run but I had stuff to do around the house and errands to run. My visit was short and sweet but I stopped off at the free gym on the way to the grocery store. I bet you didn’t expect that from me.
Finally celebrated our wedding anniversary with a great steak dinner!
Next Week –
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – work travel, 3 miles ??
- Wednesday – rest day, work travel
- Thursday – 3 miles, dinner out with tennis ladies
- Friday – rest day, re-scheduled hair appt., mah jongg
- Saturday – 6-8 mile run and/or
- Sunday – HMRRC Winter Series #4 (3m or 15K)
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any snow yet?? How are dealing with the frigid temps? Please share.