Last week –
- Monday – Well, the temps warmed up a bit but then there was snow. It never ends. I was itching to get in an outside run. So I headed to the town (since it was windy as well as snowy.)
- Tuesday – It was supposed to be a rest day because I was scheduled to play tennis in the evening. But I also had to set up for work so I had to forfeit on the tennis 😦 But when temps reached almost 40, I had to try to find a dry path to run. So I ran 1.5 miles around parking lots and after set up, my usual campus loop.
- Wednesday – After a long day at work, I needed to squeeze in one more day of running before I met my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Thursday – Finally, I decided to take a rest day. I met a former co-worker at our free gym. I went for a short run before she arrived. We used the machines and then ate back the calories we burned off at an Indian restaurant.
- Friday – A rest day and an evening playing mah jongg. It worked out perfectly because although it was in the 60s. (Yeah. Crazy temps), it rained most of the day.
- Saturday – Another rest day due to snow, ice, wind and freezing temps. The winter warm up ended. Grateful for time to de-clutter, do laundry, cook, watch TV and knit.
- Sunday – Today was the re-scheduled New Year’s Day race (Winter Series #2) There were two options and I chose the 3.5 miler. It was cold. I mean very cold (-8 wind chill) and I was tempted to stay home. But I got to see many running friends and in the end, I was glad that I went.
After re-fueling and thawing out, I went back out and ran a loop to get in 7 miles for the day.
Next Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF!! 4-6 miles
- Tuesday – 3 miles on the treadmill, tennis and my anniversary
- Wednesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 6-8 mile run, Women’s March
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any snow yet?? How are dealing with the frigid temps? Please share.