- Monday – Tonight was the third Freihofer Challenge Group run. We ran 4 miles with 5 one minute strides in the mix. Holy Moley! My legs did not like that. But my back pain is gone. Go figure.
- Tuesday – A rainy day but a rest day. After work, I went to hear Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor speak. What an amazing lady!!
- Wednesday – A nice running day so Alyssa and I met again at the Crossings for a run.
- Thursday – Another rainy day. I bailed on my run but went to the gym instead.
- Friday – A scheduled rest day and a stressful day at work followed by an evening with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – Today I ran the Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k. It was so so windy and cold or at least it felt that way. But I ran a decent race and won my age group.
I was too cold to run more so I left and then changed my mind and stopped at the Zim Smith Trail. My legs were tired and it was one of my worst long runs. I walked. A lot. And finally gave up after 7 pathetic miles.
- Sunday – Rest day #4 but a busy day. I even managed to get to the gym for the 2nd time this week.
3 more weeks to go!!
20 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (4 miles), Mah jongg Seder
- Tuesday – 4 miles
- Wednesday – rest day, gym, STEM group run (week 1, day 2 of Couch to 5k)
- Thursday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Friday – rest day, hair appt, mah jongg
- Saturday – Code Blue 8K race + 7 more
- Sunday – rest day, gym?, TAXES!!
Once again, I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?
Obviously my weather is the same as yours. But because my half could be rainy, and it wasn’t pouring, I decided to run Thursday anyway. It really wasn’t bad.
I did decide not to run tonight. We don’t do a seder but we do a meal in the spirit of the holiday so it was kind of bothering me. I’m hoping to get there next week.
It was a downpour when I got off work Thursday. Two rest days in a row helped my speed in the 5k but obviously didn’t help in the long run. I think I just wasn’t into it. I’m going to try to find company for Sat’s 7 extra.
Mud? Just don’t wear new expensive shoes LOL.
My friends are having a seder which I will head to right after my training group.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I actually ran fairly late in the day, but still probably before you got out of work on Thursday. It could also just be location.
We are thinking about Sat’s race (Lloyd has a coworker running it, which sparked his interest), but I also might have to make another trip to Poughkeepsie. It’s winding down, but there’s still a fair amount there. So I just don’t know. It’s frustrating (I also need to get a haircut!).
I keep telling my hubby that we need to start cleaning out our house. I don’t want his sons to have to do what you and your siblings are doing.
I cant wait to get my haircut – it’s a week overdo since my hairdresser had to cancel last week.
So maybe I’ll see you Sat or not. If you run on the Delmar rail from Slingerlands parking lot (not Stewarts) to Altamont, you can get a good 8 miles of dirt.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good to know. Not sure about the brush thing though. 🙂
Cleaning out someone else’s home ain’t fun. But at least your stepkids won’t have to drive 3 hrs. Unless they move. Or you do. You never know!
I need to work on my own home, but that’s just the last thing I want to do right now, for obvious reasons.
it’s just a dirt trail (not paved yet.)
I don’t want to either. I don’t have the time and when I have the time, I don’t have the interest LOL.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Neither did my parents. 😔
Glad to hear the back pain is gone! The event with Sonia Sotomayor sounds amazing. I’ve been meaning to look into her book but just haven’t gotten to it yet.
Yes. No more back pain. I wonder what caused it. I recommend reading her book.
Really so cool that you got to meet Sonia Sotomayor and shake her hand – bet hearing her speak was a breath of fresh air in today’s political environment.
She was amazing. Read her book if you get a chance.
I’m putting it on my Amazon list now, thanks for the recommendation. 🙂
Walk, run…you got it done! Sounds like a productive week to me! 🙂
Congrats on your 5k and AG win!