- Monday – After a relaxing Sunday (for the first time in weeks), I needed to get out for a run after work. And I did. The good news- it was light out for the whole run. The bad news – it sucked. My legs were so tired. (Little did I know that my legs were telling that I was getting sick…)
- Tuesday – After setting up a work training, I found myself in a different neighborhood and I was tempted to see if there was any ice-free routes. But it was raining and I felt like crap. 😦 So I called it a rest day.
- Wednesday – After a long day at work, I needed to run but I was sick. Another rest day. Two in a row. Say what?
- Thursday– Today was my scheduled run day with Alyssa. We were going to run two loops of the campus or six. But we got our first BIG snowstorm in 2 years. And I had stayed home from work since I was still sick. Normally I wouldn’t waste PTO being sick but on this job, vacation time is separate from sick time. So rest day #3. Sometimes you just gotta listen to your body. And mine said – no way should you run today. I think the last sick day, I took was 10 years ago. Now I know what our 4 cats do all day long…NOTHING!!!
- Friday – Another sick day home with the cats. Rest day #4 – a new record.
- Saturday – Back to my Saturday catch-up day and rest day. But I decided to also venture out after no running for four days. I got in 4.5 miles but they were mixed with walking, talking, eating.
- Sunday – Today I was supposed to run the last Winter Series Race – a 10 miler. I was planning on skipping the race due to the weather and my health but Mother Nature saved the day. The race was postponed until Feb. 26. Instead I spent the day cooking, reading, knitting, etc. Looking forward to my regular routine next week.
8.5 miles done with 2 runs and 5 rest days
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday –3 miles, work webinar
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 12 mile run
- Sunday – rest
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather? How do you deal when illness gets in the way of your training?
Don’t forget my giveaway – enter it here!!