- Monday – I drove up to Bolton Landing (on Lake George) today. I managed to squeeze in a short run before everyone wanted to head out on the lake.
We spent the whole day on the lake – at a dock on an island and then in the bay before heading back to barbecue at the marina and watch the fireworks.
- Tuesday – While everyone had to drive home to go to work, I again decided to take advantage of my free time and stayed up at the lake. My legs were tired but I dragged myself for 3 slow miles.
I managed to get a sub for tennis so stayed up on the lake and spent a relaxing day by myself- got in lots of walks, beach time and reading.
- Wednesday – This morning I went for a hike up to the top of Thomas Mountain. I had planned to repeat the hike I took last week, but accidentally took the blue trail instead of the orange one – a lot more challenging and a different view.
I had planned to meet Alyssa and Barbara for an ice cream run sponsored by Fleet Feet and Saucony so I headed home.
- Thursday – I played tennis in the am with the Troy Tennis Group and went out for dinner with an old friend. No running today.
- Friday – Again I played tennis in the am on the courts near my house. Still incredibly hot. I planned on running after dinner and before my weekly mah jongg game but I waited too long and it started to pour. Another no running day.
- Saturday – This morning I actually got my run in before the rain.
And I stopped off at the gym before heading to the grocery store.
- Sunday – Started off the day with a 5k race (I ran the half there 2 years ago). It was just raining or pouring the whole race. Got a medal, tech shirt and a pint glass for 1st in my age group so all is good.
When I got home, the rain had stopped. I was tired but managed a few more miles.
Then headed back to Saratoga for mini golf birthday party.
18.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday -tennis AM, rest
- Tuesday – tennis Am, tennis picnic, 4 mile run with a friend
- Wednesday – rest, work webinar
- Thursday – AM tennis, 3 mile run with a friend
- Friday – AM tennis, 4 mile run
- Saturday, Sunday – tennis weekend at Schroon River house – lots of tennis and maybe a run
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races? How are you celebrating July 4th?