- Monday – Rainy miserable day but at least it cleared up so I could take a short recovery run after work.
Followed my run with a soak in the hot tub. Aaahhh!
- Tuesday – DOMS arrived to my quads today. Otherwise, just a work day with 2 walks followed by tennis in the evening (and despite my sore quads, I played better than ever.) Instead of dinner out, we had wine and popcorn at the club.
- Wednesday – Another normal work day with an afternoon walk to the park. Quads felt better so I went for a run after work. It was quite warm so I didn’t mind when I got caught in the rain twice.
- Thursday – A busy work day but got in a walk in the afternoon for my 50 cent cone at Stewarts.
Since this was my rest day, in the evening, I just went for a walk with a friend in the mall instead of a run.
- Friday – Spring has temporarily left us. I didn’t feel well when I woke up so took a needed day off from work. By the afternoon, I was feeling better but it was insanely windy. Not being at work, I had no option of a treadmill so out I went and battled the wind for a few miles. Then played mah jongg all evening.
- Saturday – My rest day!! I proctored the MPREs at work in the morning and then the afternoon, there was the usual catch up stuff – errands, housework, cooking… and it was cold!!! In the evening, I talked my hubby into getting a sub for tennis so we could go out to dinner. Then I remembered that I was supposed to go out to dinner and a movie with 3 friends …Ooops! Senior brain!! Anyway, I ate eggplant parm, pasta & a cannoli to carb load for my race the next day.
- Sunday – Ran the Shamrock Shuffle 5 Mile Race for the 2nd time. I was pleased with my time considering it was a week after my hilly half and my legs were still in recovery mode.
Afterwards, I ran on a new trail with Judy for 4 more miles. The trail was conveniently located next to a bakery…
18 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (5 weeks until Half Marathon #19)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (3 miles), STEM Orientation
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – 3 mile run, yoga?
- Thursday –4 mile run
- Friday – rest, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – 5k race + 7 miles
- Sunday – rest, Easter dinner
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?