- Monday – Rest day recovering from my 10 mile race on Sunday. Tennis after work.
- Tuesday – 4 mile run after work
- Wednesday – A short run after work on the treadmill since it was raining and then I rushed home to pack and tried to get to bed early.
- Thursday – 5:30 am flight to Ft. Myers, FL. – Ugh!! I flew with 3 friends – one coming with me on this vacation and the other two going to Naples. Fran & I rented a car and drove to Placida where we would be staying with a friend.
- Friday – I got up early to go for a short run, my last one before the race. I ran near where my friend lives, in the neighborhood and a park. It was cool & windy but compared to the NE, it was enjoyable temps.
- Saturday – Took a nice morning walk in Placida.
I drove up to Sarasota in the afternoon and picked up my race packet. I spent the the rest of the day with a friend who winters here. We visited a few art galleries, a garden and had pizza for dinner. Unfortunately it rained the whole time.
- Sunday – Marathon #17 in the books!!
We spent the rest of the day on Anna Maria Island. It was beautiful. We walked on the beach, visited the pier, ate dinner on the water and watched the sun set on the Gulf. (Unfortunately it was cool & windy but at least it was sunny!)
23 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (6 weeks until Half Marathon #18 )
- Monday – recovery day in Sarasota and then back to Placida
- Tuesday – last day in Florida, 3 mile run, and then flying home in the evening
- Wednesday – rest, webinar for work
- Thursday – 4 mile run
- Friday – 3 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday -rest, coloring book party
- Sunday – 5K race + 7 or 10 mile run
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?