- Monday – Took my morning walk around work and then knit on the exercise bike. After work, it was cold and windy but still ventured out for a run before visiting a friend (the one who just had a mastectomy.)
- Tuesday – We had a huge holiday brunch for the whole school. Took my afternoon walk around work. After work, I played tennis and went out to dinner after.
- Wednesday – Today we had another holiday lunch with my dept at work. The weather was even colder and windy. I still got out to run after work but my hands were frozen and I stopped after 3 miles.
- Thursday – Just work today – truly a rest day.
- Friday – Warmed up to the 30’s (heat wave!) so did my after work run followed by an evening of mah jongg games.
- Saturday – Rain & sleet in the am so glad to be enjoying a rest day. After lots of housework, got bored so went out to do some retail therapy – bought stuff that I didn’t really need but got GREAT deals.
- Sunday – Another free race – I ran the 15K and followed it with a few more miles.
Celebrated our anniversary (which was Saturday) with a dinner at our favorite restaurant.
22.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (3 weeks until Half Marathon #17)
- Monday – DAY OFF – dentist, tennis
- Tuesday – 4 mile run, movie with BFF
- Wednesday – rest, yoga
- Thursday – 4 mile run
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 12 mile run
- Sunday – rest
I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?
Delmonico’s is yummy. Only been there once and the wait was insane!
no wait at all. Got a table right away.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Probably because it’s winter? It was a HUGE wait the one time we went. But it was good. We’ve had the same problem with TX roadhouse — we used to go there frequently when we lived in Austin, but never had that wait problem.
And we always go super early!
Yay for a course PR. Belated Happy Anniversary. Looks like you had a nice celebration and I have a feeling the pretty drink was yours!
You bet. A chocolate martini.
You continue to amaze me by running in such cold temperatures. It’s awesome!
Have no choice if you live in the NE. Unless you like the treadmill which I don’t.
Great week! The cold is getting a little out of hand here in KS…but I’m sure we have a lot more to come!
It’s FREEZING here and snow predicted for the weekend – UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on getting your runs in despite the cold temps. I am a wus when it comes to running in the cold. I’m glad I have a treadmill. Happy Anniversary!
I don’t have a treadmill but I do at work but really HATE it! It’s 0 with the windchill today – just might have to.
Happy Anniversary! The martini looks so yummy. Congrats on your 15k course PR! I have signed up for a half in March. That is the only thing on my schedule so far. I tried to run a couple of miles yesterday but my knee wasn’t ready yet. It’s pretty cold here this week but it looks like I’ll be on the indoor bike trainer. Thanks for linking with us Darlene. Your half is almost here!
Rest that knee. It’s freezing here – 0 with the wind chill. It’s gonna to tough to get outside.
I did some retail therapy on Saturday, too! I did a short outside run (to show Momma N who is boss), and then headed to the mall (an hour away). Found some great bargains (again) at Old Navy…that I really didn’t “need” LOL
Yes Old Navy does have good buys. I got mine at Peter Harris, Macys & Nordstrom Rack. All places I never go. I usually shop at Marshalls.
No shame in stopping on 3 miles with frozen hands. I can not stand for my hands to be cold! I love those socks with the dots! They are so cute and gosh they have the best sales right after Christmas, except I never have any money then. 😦
Looks like a great week of running! Kudos for getting out in that cold. Congrats on the 15K course PR! I love bargain hunting, especially for running stuff. I got 8 pairs of Brooks socks last summer for less than $20! Happy belated Anniversary!