Yes, it was a very good year:
- ZERO injuries
- 5 PRs
- many races including three 10 mile races, four 10k races, two half marathons, three 15k races, fifteen 5k races and more…
So let’s take a closer look at my 2014 goals…
1. Do not get injured. No injuries, YAY!
2. Run 3-4 times a week ALL YEAR. Yes!
3. Continue fitting in tennis and/or yoga once a week and upper body & core strength exercises (planks & weights). Tennis YES, Yoga Rarely, Planks & Weights SO SO, Gym occasionally starting in October.
4. Finish all races (except 15ks & half marathons) at under 10 min. per mile pace. Almost all. Even a few under 9 min!!!
5. Run at least one race per month and at least 20 for the year. Yes! 33 races.
6. Run a race in another state or even a NEW state. Yes in FOUR states! Mayor’s Wellness 10 miler in CA, Lighthouse 5k in FL, the Love Run Half in PA and the Perfect 10 Miler in NJ (which is a NEW state).
7. Run at least 10 NEW races. Yes. 20!- Mayor’s Wellness 10m, HMRRC Winter Series #3 15K, Lighthouse 5k, Love Run, Bacon Hill 5k, Rabbit Ramble 4m, Cherry Blossom 5k, Spring Run off 10k, Mom’s 5K, Betar Byway 5K, Strawberry Fest 5K, Adirondack Distance Run, Saratoga Half Marathon, Turning Point 5K, Run for the Roc 5K, Apple Run 5K, Great Pumpkin Challenge 10K , Perfect 10 Miler, Troy Turkey Trot 10k, HMRRC#1 15K
8. Run in NYC. Yes! Not a race but I ran there.
9. Get an Age Group award. Yes! 18 of them – 3rd at Mayor’s Wellness, 1st at Lighthouse 5K, 1st at Bacon Hill 5k, 2nd at Rabbit Ramble 4m, 2nd at Cherry Blossom 5k, 3rd at Spring Run Off 10K, 1st at Mom’s Day 5k, 1st at Betar Byway 5K, 1st at Strawberry Fest 5K, 2nd at Saratoga HM, 3rd at Turning Pt 5K, 2nd at Jailhouse Rock 5k, 3rd at Malta 5k, 2nd at Run for the Roc 5k, 1st at Apple Run 5K, 1st at Falling Leaves 5K, 1st at Run off that Turkey 5K, 3rd at Albany Last Run 5K
10. Run a 10 mile race. Yes! 3 – Mayor’s Wellness 10m, Adirondack Distance Run and Perfect 10 Miler.
11. Run at least one half marathon. Yes! 2 – The Love Run and Saratoga Half Marathon
12. PR in a half marathon. Yes! at the Love Run.
13. Run over 800 miles. Yes! Over 900 miles!
14. Continue to blog almost everyday. Yes!
Goal added for the second half of the year:
- PR in a 5K. Yes!
Achievements that weren’t goals:
- PR in a 10K
- PR in a 10 mile race
- PR in a 15K
Yes, at age 61, I PRed at every distance this year. I’m not getting older, I’m getting better!!
Happy Running! Do you have yearly goals? If so, how did you do this year?