I was tagged by AJH at Age Groups Rock with The Versatile Blogger Award. The rules are to share 7 things about yourself. Then to tag 15 people. If you have been following me for awhile you may know the 7 things I am sharing but here goes.
1. I started running in April 2008 at the age of 55!! Since then I have run 72 races. In January 2011, I ran my first of 5 half marathons.
2. Second to running is my love for tennis. I started playing seriously about 12 years ago. The best thing about tennis is the friends that I have made. Now we do lots of things together that doesn’t even involve playing tennis.
3. My first profession was that of a French teacher. I did that for 22 years. I spent my junior year of college in Nice, France. I love anything and everything French – art (Monet), music (Celine), food (pain au chocolat), drinks (kir), cafe au lait, Les Miz, etc.
4. I play mah jongg once a week with a great group of ladies. My favorite game, however, is still Scrabble.
5. I love to travel. I would do it more if I had the time and the money. I have been to most countries in Europe (except Ireland) & Israel, Greece & Russia. China and an African safari are on my bucket list as well as Alaska.
6. I’m a computer geek. Luckily I went back to school and got another Masters and I have been working as an Instructional Technologist for the past 14 yrs. Digital photography is my passion. I never leave the house without a camera.
7. Finally, Dec 29, 2011 was one of the worst days in my life. I fell avoiding an ice patch while out running and broke my ankle in several places. I have a plate and screws and am convalescing still at home…. It’s a very long recovery. The doctor says I may play tennis again but probably will not be able to run. I say that I will prove him wrong!! I am so glad that I ran those halfs last year, You never know what the future will bring…..
I am tagging some runners who have commented on my blog recently:
Fran from Dutch Girl Gets Healthy
Suzy from Running On My Time
Bridget from Our Life…Our World…Our Thoughts
- Michael from Marathon after Fifty
Rachel from Run 50 States
Stacie from Skipping in Seattle
Caroline from Canadian Runner in Exile
Christa from Livin a Little Life
Felice from The Happy Runner
Happy Running! Tag yourself if you are reading this post & I haven’t tagged you.