1. I have been getting out of the house:
- wheelchair trip to the mall 🙂 lost a hat & gloves 😦
- carried up a flight of stairs to a Jimmy Buffet-themed birthday party
- tennis dinner at an Italian restaurant
2. I am working! That is, I am working from home. So that means I have moved off the family room recliner into working at the kitchen table with my leg elevated on a chair. It’s a start.
3. My tennis friend, Mady, is an orthopedic nurse and works at the same place as my doctor so she pumped him for info on my ankle. According to Mady, the Dr. said that I will probably be able to play tennis again but NOT run.
4. From Runner’s World yesterday – “Injury is something that happens to you as an athlete. Others might tell you that you’re done. But if you keep at it, you might be able to get back…” —Abdi Abdirahman, third-place finisher in the men’s 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials. How timely!!!!
As Tug McGraw (from the Mets) said in 1973 “You gotta believe!!”
Happy Running! Do you have any motivational quotes that you want to share?