Why I was super psyched for my first half marathon:
- It was my first!!!!!!
- It was my longest race over 5k!!
- It took place in Florida.
- It was in a warm climate during a very cold winter.
- It was so easy to plan my race outfit.
- It is a flat course!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- It was in Naples, my favorite tennis vacation spot!
- It was scheduled on my wedding anniversary!
- My hubby would be waiting at the finish line.
- It could be combined with a vacation (& my hubby’s trip to visit his sister).
- The race was followed by relaxing on the beach!
- I didn’t tell anyone I was running a half marathon (except bloggers) so no expectations.
- I didn’t care about my time (unless it was over 2:45)
- I just wanted to finish strong & get a medal!!
Why I am NOT super psyched for my 2nd half marathon:
- It is NOT my first!!!!!!
- I have already raced longer than 5K: 4 miles, 5 miles and 13.1
- It is almost local.
- It has been a cold, windy cloudy spring.
- I cannot decide what to wear.
- My hubby cannot come.
- My Lake George friends are still in Florida.
- My running buddy who talked me into this race is injured and cannot run.
- It is not flat.
- What if it rains – I’ve never run in the ran, never raced in the rain (and I don’t want to)
- My feet hurt…
- I should try to PR. PRESSURE!
Why I am going to GET PSYCHED for my 2nd half marathon:
- It ‘s my second!!
- I love racing!
- I love Lake George!!
- I know 2 or 3 women who are racing it.
- I will meet some new DMers there.
- The outlets are nearby.
- There’s a 4 hour time limit. (No pressure)
- I don’t have to PR. (I will have more chances to PR – Sept 25, Nov 6…)
- I will get a medal!!
So here are my GOALS:
A – PR – faster than 2:28 (ot) or 2:26 (gt)
B – faster than 2:45
C – finish strong and have fun