A new year but not much is different than 2021.
COVID is still around. We are masking when indoors. I’m working remotely.
I am running and racing (when there are races scheduled).
Thanks to Jenn, I’m tracking my movement everyday too:
- Sunday – I had hoped to get out onto the trails for a hike but it was too rainy.
Instead I cleaned, took down ALL the holiday decorations, did some errands and baked (who me?)
- Monday – #nevermissamonday And a cold one. I decided if possible not to run in the dark so I squeezed one in during lunch.
And the verdict on the Super Hero muffins (from the recipe above): Tasty. Worth the cost and effort? I’ll save that for a blog post.
- Tuesday – I had more time today so I was able to drive to my lunch time run. It was sunny and warmer than the day before but still chilly.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day and an after work hair appt. In order to keep up with the Ragnar team challenge, I did do some indoor biking at lunch. And met friends after work for an outdoor walk.
- Thursday – It snowed a little overnight which made it tricky to find a dry path to run. Fortunately I had to stop by the office so I did my run at UAlbany.
- Friday – Another rest day and mah jongg this evening at my house.
Besides snow is pretty but not fun to run in. Does shoveling count as exercise? I think so.
- Saturday – My race+ extra miles runs have gone so horribly that I decided to do my 12 mile long run today. I am fortunate to have friends to accompany me on some of the miles. Started out with -4 wind chill. I ran 4 miles with Judy and with the sun shining, it wasn’t as bad as it as the temps indicated (9 degrees). I even took off my jacket and changed to a vest. Then Stan & Sherry joined us for 8 more miles. I even sweat.
- Sunday – Winter Series # 3 race got cancelled. But I was just planning to run this one for fun since I had done my long run the day before. No race gave me the free time to go hiking (weather dependent).
Weather update: Sleet, freezing race. Hiking is now in the mall later. lol
At home activities included laundry and re-potting plants.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday –rest day, walk
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday -rest day, walk, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (8-10 m)
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Winter Series #1-3 Race Recaps
- Friday – Say No to the Treadmill
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How did you celebrate New Year’ Eve? Did you run or race on New Year’s Day? Please share.