Living in the NE, we seem to be behind everyone else with signs of Spring and it also such a short season. Before we know it, it will be hot and humid.
My running actually was related to weather not recovery. All the hiking I did the next day seemed to alleviate any stiffness in my legs.
Hit #40 for my 2021 Hike Challenge:
- Monday – Today’s forecast was for occasional rain showers. With work, it is always a challenge to time my run just right. I drove to near the rail trail and it started to rain as soon as I got there. I grabbed my jacket and continued on my run. Of course, it did stop and I was sweating.
When I looked the weather for Wed & Thurs, it looked like I may have to skip my runs. So I opted for run #2 today. After another quick rain shower, I drove to UAlbany.
Then I met my BFF for a long walk at the nearby outdoor mall.
- Tuesday – Too busy a work day to get in a run (and I ran twice the day before). So just a short walk at lunch and a hair appointment after work. It was light enough afterward that I was able to get in a quick hike at a nearby trail (oops forgot my phone for pix.) Then I met my walking friends for snacks (and wine).
- Wednesday – A predicted rainy day. It did rain on and off and I was hoping like Monday to time it right and get in my run between showers. It was cloudy and the 40s at lunch. Of course, it started to rain, stopped, got sunny and then started to rain again. Crazy weather.
- Thursday – A very windy cold day with a chance of snow flurries (seriously?) I took a chance and drove to do my run on the rail trail.
I met my friends after work for a long walk (too windy for the rail trail so back to the outdoor mall.)
- Friday – As usual Friday was my rest day (due a long run the next day.) Of course, it may have been the first sunny day of the week. I decided to take my bike out for the FIRST time this year.
But since I had had not hit a single trail all week, I headed out for a hike after dinner. Waterfalls, of course.
Loving the extra daylight and I took advantage and stopped off at a nearby trail.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Even though my half marathon was done, I still intended (if possible) to meet up with my friends for brunch and run 10 miles each weekend. We met at various times for a variety miles at the rail trail. I started early and ran 3 miles alone and then ran 7 more miles with Sherry and Stan.
With rain predicted for Sunday and my impending vacation, I was anxious to get in at least one more hike on the trails. Especially since the weather was gorgeous. I decided to drive about an hour and instead of exploring waterfalls, I hiked and climbed a fire tower.
The couple whom I met recommended another nearby hike and it was pretty as well (but longer).
- Sunday – A rainy day which worked out perfectly since I needed to get ready to leave on my vacation. First order of business was to get my nails done. Since the salon opened later than I thought, I made a spur of the moment decision to head to the park to see how the tulips were faring. It was raining but not hard. I was shocked…so many were already in bloom. Not all. I bet they will be in full bloom next weekend (when I am in Florida.)
The rain stopped so I decided to go for a walk.
Finally, thanks to Cari for organizing this event.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – rest day – 6 am Flight to Florida – pool, walk in Naples, Fl.
- Thursday – run, tennis, beach, walk in Naples
- Friday – run, tennis, beach, walk in Naples
- Saturday – run, tennis, beach, walk, theatre in Naples
- Sunday – run, walk, road trip to Sarasota
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Working FT and Running
- Friday – April Runfessions
The Next Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, tennis, beach, walk in Naples
- Tuesday – run, tennis, beach, walk in Naples
- Wednesday – run, tennis, pool, walk in Naples, 6:30 pm Flight Home
- Thursday – rest day, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, walk
- Saturday – Long Run (or RACE?)
- Sunday – walk/hike, Mother’s Day/MY BIRTHDAY
The Next Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – My Favorite Vacation
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date for May
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Any vacations planned? Please share.