Many many months ago, way before this pandemic, my running friends and I planned a vacation in NH in order to run a half marathon and have some girl friend fun time.
Well, the race went virtual like most races in 2020 (with no deferral or refund option).
Some of the group felt uncomfortable going. But at least seven of us decided to go anyway. And it was a super fun time.
In addition to ANOTHER virtual half marathon, I signed up for ANOTHER challenge. RBG! How could you not do this one?
There’s still plenty of time to sign up if you want to join me – Click here.
It’s October, don’t forget to support this important cause:
and lastly I lost this week, a very dear friend to lung cancer. We played tennis together for years and mah jongg, as well.
Last Week –
- Monday – A rainy morning. I wasn’t sure if I would “#missamonday” so I went for a run on the rail trail before my chiro appt. I originally was hoping to see the results of a chalk art contest but the overnight rain washed everything away. 😦
I started running in a drizzle, then it stopped but the run ended in a downpour. A little soggy but I got it done.
SI joint update – almost healed. Yay!!! I asked my chiro to work on my right calf that also seemed tighter than the left. Since this was my last appt, I might as well get my money’s worth. And OUCH! Tight on the inside…worth the pain. Feels great now.
I skipped my lunch walk but met a running friend for a post work run. It was slow intervals and we met on the Voorheesville end of the trail for a change of scenery. Don’t normally run twice in one day but the rest of week looked rainy and busy so why not?
- Tuesday – Got in a short walk before work
and another longer one at lunch. Still no rain.
Even though I ran twice yesterday, the legs still felt great so since I had to be at UAlbany to volunteer, I did a loop around campus before we met. Rain in the forecast but I didn’t care if I had to walk in the rain…just not run in it.
Well, the STEM walk got cancelled and it never rained so I went to the mall (with mask on) and bought hiking boots (finally)
- Wednesday – A rainy day but we did need the rain. So no morning walk.
Luckily it stopped by afternoon so I could get in a short lunch walk
AND the Sole Sisters weekly trail walk. This week, it was a repeat hike at Six Mile Waterworks (because of its convenient location.)
- Thursday – A busy work day and I had a hair appointment scheduled for after work. Obviously a rest day and of course I had to pack for our 4 days in NH.
But I got up early enough to go for a run and I realized how much better I felt after and how much easier it is to run in the morning (even after a horrible night of sleep.)
I did also squeeze in a short walk at lunch and that was it for the day.
- Friday – And off we went, 7 of us, in a few different cars. We took the scenic route and though it took longer (and some of our planned stops were closed due to the pandemic), it was still worth it.
- Saturday – Though the race was originally scheduled for Sunday, we decided to get it over with and do it today. We stuck together for the most part during our run/walk intervals. Some walked. Ocean views, lots of laughs and we all finished 13.1 miles.
A big celebration was in order and in addition to running, this weekend was about birthdays. Three of the group were celebrating birthdays including the big 50 and 70!!
- Sunday – More Sole Sister shenanigans. Ocean sunrises, trails, and more. (Pictures coming after I return since I don’t have a computer with me.)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run or hike, last day in NH
- Tuesday – DAY OFF – hike or run or both
- Wednesday – run?
- Thursday – run, trail walk
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, Boating (LAST ONE for the season)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any “real” races yet? How are you embracing Fall? Any virtual races or challenges on your plate? Please share.